PhoneArena Awards 2013: Apps of the year
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2013, 11:14 posted on
Okay, guys, it is time for another batch of awards to be given, and today we're honoring the best apps of 2013. What makes an app worthy of being on the list? Well, there's a number of factors we have taken into account. Most of the apps we've picked are there simply because they are making our lives easier, because they add valuable functionality to our smart devices, and because we often find ourselves using them. Others are just fun to use. Sure, we know that mobile platforms' app stores have a ton of apps fitting these descriptions, but ultimately, our task was to shortlist the ones we liked the most...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dil2abu (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Google keep, Dash clock and Yahoo weather are my favourite..
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
The only app I am using from the above 8 is swiftkey 4 :\
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Google Keep and Swiftkey 4 are the ones i use. (Google keep came preinstalled on Nexus 5)
4. Sauce (unregistered)
Duolingo is amazing (Especially for being 100% FREE). Using it to learn Portuguese for my Brazilian girlfriend's family. Started speaking basic sentences to them :) Duolingo has a lot of content and is quite good at teaching. I love it :)
Yahoo weather is also great.
Over all, good list, but there are other quality/amazing apps that should be on that list as well imo.
20. gustavoace (Posts: 163; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
IMO, the best app of 2013 is Xposed Framework.. It is, again IMO, unquestionably the most amazing app, giving even more freedom to android phones.
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Lol I'm downloading like all the android apps listed up there. Thanks for the recommendations PA!
6. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Google Keep for me...
using it every day...and it's integration with Google Now makes it great
7. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Nokia Camera is truly, hands down, the best OEM smartphone camera app.
+1 to Google Keep too. Use to bring some small notebooks (as in paper and pen) coz I'm not satisfied with any other app. Cloud syncing is what really got me to keep Google Keep lol
10. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yep❕ Nokia Camera is very nice.. I forgot all about the stock WP camera app.. It's cool that Windows Phone lets you choose which camera app you want as default..
Another good one is Nokia Refocus.. It's amazing how well that app works for refocusing after the shot..
8. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Patently waiting for the best phone awards 2013...
14. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
My bet would be:
1st: Lumia 1520
2nd: iPhone 5
3rd: Note 3
4th: Xperia Z1
17. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
5, 5s and 5c are all the same apart from one has a finger print scanner
9. downphoenix (Posts: 2979; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Google Keep is pretty sweet, I just recently started using it.
18. Mahdi007 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
there is a noticeable improvement in Android apps in terms of quality.
Now nobody can say iOS apps have better quality!!!
6 of them are on Android and 3 of them are Android exclusive!
21. Riki67 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
What is SwiftKey '4'? I use SwiftKey (and absolutely love it) but can't seem to find d SwiftKey 4 on the playstore. Any help?
22. MichelTurk12 (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 Jul 2015)
There’s this awesome app called GrabPoints. In a nutshell they pay you for trying out new apps and answering a couple of surveys. I love using it because they are always active on social media giving out points and the rewards are always fair. Like just for signing up you already get $1 then if you use a friend’s invite code you get 500 PTS and easy AND your friend gets points in return too! See even simply inviting people earns you money. If you ever happen to try GRABPOINTS please use my invite code: S6FMAC Hope this helps!