PhoneArena Awards 2012: Game of the year
Still, we had to pick a game of the year for our PhoneArena Awards of 2012 series.
Can you guess which game we've selected? If you can't, then we'll tease you no more. Ladies and gents, to us, the game of 2012 is...
Here's a game that you shouldn't install in case you have an important deadline coming up. That's because once you start playing SHADOWGUN: DeadZone, you'll have difficulties putting your smartphone or tablet down. It is a multiplayer action game inspired by the likes of HALO and Call of Duty.
You get to play with gamers from all over the world, in either Deathmatch mode, which is a classic, free-for-all fight, or in Zone Control mode, which requires tactics and teamwork to be applied. There are plenty of different weapons to unlock and purchase with the money you make while playing. Actually, there is so much variety when it comes to unlockables that you'll keep on playing just so that you can try them all out. But it wasn't only the gameplay that made us go with SHADOWGUN: DeadZone as our winner today. We also took into account the console-quality graphics that the game is so highly acclaimed for. All the eye-candy that has been thrown in enhances the experience even further, especially if you have a Tegra 3 powered device.
1. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
10+ million people tried Draw Something, then stopped playing a week later. That game should definitely get our "Flash in the pan" award too.
5. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
There was a massive buzz about it for about 1 week then it all died off,was a good week though!!
10. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think I played one game with my nephew... then I never touched or ever re-downloaded it again.
22. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
the "to us" part in the very last sentence kinda made the whole point of this FAIL
PA, DO NOT use "to us" anymore
34. bayusuputra (Posts: 945; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
It should be named "Trying Something"..
2. josephnero (Posts: 325; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Am i the only one around here that loves RPG games?
4. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm with you....
Chaos Ring, Final Fantasy 3, Blazing Souls Accelerate...
Just too bad that these games don't have as much downloads as what's listed on this article.
7. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
16$ for FFIII .. come on!
I love FF, but at this price i'll never but it!
9. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Agreed, I'm still waiting for price drops on these games...
23. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think the article is talking about tablets and smartphone games only... My boys will be happy if Pokemon get ported to smartphones.
8. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
right here with ya, i'm always digging around for news on kemco games
12. LordDavon (Posts: 108; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
Almost all I have on the Note II, and on the iPad. Love RPGs! Need to get a 10" Android tablet with keyboard, and pick up Zork again. :)
Order and Chaos just had a spin-off released. Anyone try that one?
Oh, Bulder's Gate came out for iOS today, and Android should be soon. Tablets only, so here's hoping my Note II counts. :) Loved that game, and never finished, so here I go again!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hell naww ur not the only one.....i just finished the classic FF9! lol dont know which is better now......7 9 or 10
25. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I thought "RPG" stood for "Role Playing Games".
35. bayusuputra (Posts: 945; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Dude, it's Rocket Propelled Grenade.. Don't get it wrong.. Please..
3. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Angry Birds .. boring!
what about Ingress? I know its still in beta and needs an activation code, but its very interesting game!
6. omar98 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
What about Need for Speed Most wanted ?? It is the best racing game ever on a smartphone or tablet
13. sorcio46 (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Android Tablet with HDMI output + 55" Full HD LED TV + PS3 Joystick with Shadowgun ;-)
16. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 922; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wait a sec, if you have a PS3 i presume you have a PS3, why don't you use the dedicated gaming system? People are getting weirder by the day.
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Get a life dude!
21. sorcio46 (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Because Shadowgun isn't available on PS3?
36. bayusuputra (Posts: 945; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
because having PS3 joystick doesn't mean have the PS3 console..
27. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
still not available on the most major platform(android)..
24. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont really play these games...coz i am addicted to temple run!! best ever and timeless!
26. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
You can't play temple run and these games with a blackberry
30. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Ha! blackberries do have a lot of knocks off
31. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its not knock of!1 its alternative due to the fact that these titles are not available to another platform!!!
you're really a sad guy... a mean guy you know that?!
32. Jay..Apple4Ever (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Good games..I always come back to the classic RPG's and games like TableTennis, Pitfall & Amazing Breaker to name a few.
33. legend1 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
what about street fighter 4 volt that game is pretty awesome