PhoneArena Awards 2012: Best Innovation
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 12:24 posted on
We have to admit it, folks, we aren't that easy to impress. We are a well-trained team of geeks that has laid hands on much more phones than an average Joe can even name. Simply put, we've all been there and we've all done that, as far as phones are concerned. Every once in a while, however, a new product or technology gets announced - something that really make us go "wow". And today, we'll talk about several such solutions: this year's PhoneArena awards begin with the Best Innovation category...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Phone arena is always paid by Samsung.
It is always praising Samsung.
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
Why not praise SS after so many wonderful goodies they brought to the market?
3. ajupurohit (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Nokia's PureView camera technology is the best :)
6. Ohrules (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
the moment i opened the article, i knew that the BEAM would be there somewhere. turns out, i was right. :)
7. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
All great choices, I would have included Google Now in there as well.
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
My picks are:
1. Google Now
This innovation set new trend for future personal devices and the way people use them.
2. 808 PureView:
The future of photography.
3. SS Note 2 docking station
Putting the first nail in PC's coffin
10. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
100% agree, Google Now should have been #1!!! No question!
60. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Smart dock is nothing new really.
Sony made "Live dock" almost a year ago.. it doesn't have as many USB ports but it is much sleeker and far better looking :)
I agree with this chart
96. MeoCao (unregistered)
I agree that this dock is not of its kind, but I picked it for its implication.
This dock cannot be separated from JB and SS added features to the OS that make Smart dock the viable alternative to PC.
72. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I think that Samsung projector phone shoulda been one. A projector in a phone? To me that tops improved camera technology.
I would give a nod to Google Now too, I dont know about #1 tho.
100. MeoCao (unregistered)
Phone projector is quite cool, but the implication is very limited.
288. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
your #1 isnt a real innovation..due to the fact that siri make it first! but google now is the best though!
#2 is exactly correct!!!
i dont know about #3 due to the fact that samsung just make some improvements...
but need to add the puremotion tech of nokia that is present in lumia 920!
305. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
That Puremotion tech you Nokia fanboys like to rave about is just a gimick.
"There's also the higher than regular refresh rate, which should make scrolling text smoother than ever, though to be honest, we are yet to spot the real-life advantages of that." Straight from GSMArena's review.
12. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
i knew pureview would be top on that list and i was right.
21. Ohrules (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i'm gonna sue you for that.
290. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Same!! As soon as i saw the innovation part, i thought to myself oh nokia is at the top :D
15. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Wait... Where is iPhone 5 with it's cool new panorama camera? I saw a commercial for it and I have never seen that on a smartphone before...
16. kickgolfer (Posts: 69; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
welcome to 2010, we're only going into 2013 now....
17. superiorbeefjerky (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
Where's Apple stuff? I thought PA is paid by them per Android user.
23. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
What Apple innovated??
"Crystal SAPPHIRE LENS COVER" !!!!!!
25. Ohrules (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
how about the stupidest ways to satisfy customers?
"you're holding it wrong"
26. kickgolfer (Posts: 69; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
iphone 5 would've been up there only if today was 2009
29. jimjam (Posts: 266; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Can't believe the surface touch and type covers didn't make it. Awesome innovation
50. kirholstov (Posts: 145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's not innovation. Laser projected keyboard - that's innovation
54. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Eh, Asus has been doing that with the Transformer for a while (plus, their keyboards have batteries in them.) I do like the design of the Surface, and my next computer will probably be a Surface Pro, but there's not all that much that stands out about it.
30. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The pureview camera is amazing but I wouldn't call it the best innovation.
127. samystic (Posts: 230; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
so what is your definition of innovation?
164. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Innovation for me is seeing something new that will impact that future, that's useful and not just an upgrade from something, in this case cameras. Like you said:
"BTW PhoneArena, as far as i remember even if it failed miserably, projector on Beam is evolution and NOT innovation"