PhoneArena Awards 2011: Worst phone
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Dec 2011, 16:56
Today, the PhoneArena Awards of 2011 are dedicated to the phones that disappointed us the most this year. One of them will be given the “Worst phone” title and two other handsets will grab the slightly less humiliating second and third place respectively...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:04 19 0
Samsung made the best phone...
...and also made the worst.
18. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 13 Dec 2011, 21:49 2 0
Its like Babe Ruth... in order to make the big home-runs, you have to strike out the most as well...
38. cnpthe3rd posted on 15 Dec 2011, 12:36 0 2
actually Samsung made all the worst phones on the list but hey even Samsung cant always hit a home run on every product
3. MalakiMills posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:09 7 2
Wow, Samsung made arguably the best phone in 2011, and yet they made three of the worst. (I think the Galaxy S II makes up for these three and then some ;) )
4. andro. posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:13 13 5
"Its poor in-call sound quality and short battery life",
these critical points mentioned could easier have lead the iphone 4s to have been nominated here
5. Jay_F posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:20 2 8
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.
37. andro. posted on 14 Dec 2011, 19:42 0 0
Dealing with complaints of such points in the mobile industry on a daily basis I can assure you i know quite well what im talking about
16. Lucas777 posted on 13 Dec 2011, 20:58 1 1
hm funny u say that when the iphone has better battery than many android phones… and im pretty sure sound quality is up to par now.. at least on my phone it is
8. networkdood posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:46 3 0
Samsung makes phones of all shapes and sizes - cheap and high-end - no big deal
9. biophone posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:58 7 1
What the iphone should of won this award i am outraged. Its the best it should win everything everyone knows that.
22. robinrisk posted on 13 Dec 2011, 22:51 5 0
Honestly i believe your are being sarcastic, but i loved that comment, thumbs up :P
10. christianqwerty posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:59 0 0
ahhh yet again iphone is brought up into an article that has nothing to do with apple. ...
12. biophone posted on 13 Dec 2011, 18:07 6 0
There we go the first idiot. I was saying the iphone should of won the worst phone sarcastically. Its a joke because of everyone says the iphone is the best and i made a joke saying the iphone is the best worst phone.
15. remixfa posted on 13 Dec 2011, 20:14 5 0
ive learned that sarcasm doesnt translate well to these boards most of the time.. lol
19. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 13 Dec 2011, 21:51 1 0
I've learned that fact the hard way...
20. snowgator posted on 13 Dec 2011, 22:32 0 0
We need a universal sign on the boards for sarcasm in the worst way ......
24. biophone posted on 13 Dec 2011, 22:59 0 0
Remixfa uses a smile :)
32. remixfa posted on 14 Dec 2011, 07:18 0 1
hmm.. well, a smile isnt obvious enough, and *sarchasm* just... is too obvious. We need a funny sign of some sort like SG suggested. 8^P
27. Nick_T posted on 14 Dec 2011, 01:22 1 0
23. robinrisk posted on 13 Dec 2011, 22:57 0 0
he did not reply to you, but made a new comment. That probably means he´s not very bright.
25. biophone posted on 13 Dec 2011, 23:00 1 0
Well i hope most readers got my joke. Its pretty simple.
11. squallz506 posted on 13 Dec 2011, 18:03 0 0
i say motorola triumph, maybe some of the junk huawei and zte put out on circket. did the samsung galaxy prevail come out this year? my friend tried showing it his prevail off. i couldnt stop laughing.
13. som posted on 13 Dec 2011, 18:17 1 0
It is time for Samsung to make a fewer and best phones in the World. Currently Samsung make too many cheap plastic phones that turned people off even the best technologies inside. Motorola and HTC has better built quality.
30. HTCiscool posted on 14 Dec 2011, 03:04 0 0
HTC has proved it can make quality phones, it just doesn't take the time to make most of them outstanding. Their build quality is good but they dont take time to improve battery life, make sunlight-legible screens and the likes, Motorola just takes more time to invest into their products and aren't in as big a hurry as htc is to get their phones out.
17. ScottSchneider posted on 13 Dec 2011, 21:00 2 0
Samsung is the at the Top as well as at the Bottom.. All the Others just fill the gap in the middle...
21. snowgator posted on 13 Dec 2011, 22:36 0 0
Hey, Phone Arena, just out of curiosity, how bad does a phone have to be to get a "1"?
28. Nick_T posted on 14 Dec 2011, 01:27 1 0
Basically, if it doesn't do absolutely anything right, especially the things it is marketed as being good at, it would get a one. Today's winner at least has a decent battery life.
36. snowgator posted on 14 Dec 2011, 14:19 0 0
Makes sense. I am going to stick around Phone Arena long enough to see a "1" review and a "10" review. At this rate, they both may be by Samsung
29. bloodline posted on 14 Dec 2011, 02:55 2 0
I came in expecting to see the iphone 4s - it gets my vote
especially with the battery bug - that has yet to be fixed and also the texting bug.
useless, glad i gave it back and got the galaxy nexus - best phone ever
31. Mozarrt posted on 14 Dec 2011, 03:48 1 0
Of course it was going to be a Samsung running Android.
33. bambiheo85 posted on 14 Dec 2011, 09:02 1 0
tomorrow best smartphone : nexus, note and s2 hd =))
34. jamrockjones posted on 14 Dec 2011, 09:46 0 0
Samsung puts out so many phones!!! Pretty soon that's all we'll see in stores.
35. Lar1ssa posted on 14 Dec 2011, 11:38 0 0
Haha I got the sarcasm and giggled at the idea of iphone being the best of the worst.. not that I think iphone is awful but I would say.. its kinda like thinking tyson or ali would win a big fight some years after his prime.. he can still knock out 89 of the population but looks very weak next to that other top 11%.. anyway samsung can make some pretty crappy products at the rate they mass produce compared to other phrne carriers that's not surprising