PhoneArena Awards 2011: Most delayed smartphone
1. hepresearch (unregistered)
For once I agree with all three picks, and in the advertised order... haha!
18. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
WHAT ABOUT THE GALAXY NEXUS?!?!? DID EVERYONE FORGET ABOUT THAT??? THAT SHOULD BE FIRST!!! no offence though...
19. hepresearch (unregistered)
If there was a fourth-place available, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus would quite possibly have been my next pick... but I am quite satisfied that the DROID Bionic was, by far, the most hyped-then-delayed. I know a lot more folks who were patiently waiting for the Bionic than folks who were waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.
2. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I had a good laugh just from reading the title of this one. It was great comic relief, and will hopefully help settle some of the anger that has been seen on this site lately.
3. Synack (Posts: 670; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If we could have our cake and eat it too, we would've had the Nexus in October.
6. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
i think the thunderbolt should've been 1st...it was delay but when release it was full of bugs and the best part is that it took 7 months took fix all the problem and upgrade to 2.3
7. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
and its still a horrible phone for todays high end standards. no dual core, crappy processor and gpu, crap camera (its htc) etc etc
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lolol sorry, i just love the category. i think its a nice way of saying "biggest manufacturer/carrier fail"... lol
I'm almost surprised the nexus hasnt made it up there yet.. i know its technically not "late" since its still november and its been released in other countries, but the build up for many has been as bad as the i5/i4s and SGS2 wait insanity.
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
aha!!!... remix... so let me get this.. the nexus is not late as it has been relased in other countries..hmmm then the SGSII were not either as they were released on time in other countries since June.. bottom line the Nexus is late... is afraid to fall to the iphone reign...
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Let\'s try this:
Pretend we are friends.
You invite me over to a party on Friday.
I say i\'ll be there.
I get there when I get there.
Was I late? No. Later than Sally who got there before me? Yes. But late? No. I never said when i\'d get there, how could I be late?
Is that simple enough for you gallito?
16. ph00ny (Posts: 668; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Seeing how i ordered my SGS II for the april UK release, you seem to have your SGS II release date wrong
10. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Galaxy Nexus should have been a close 4th, and the iPhone 4s and Galaxy S2 should be switched IMO
12. StreetNerd (Posts: 740; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
most delayed smartphone of 2011 should be XPERIA PRO......
14. pegasso (Posts: 228; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
there should be Xperia somewhere on the list...
20. Anirbanrocks (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
yup i too agree..Xperia pro is the most delayed handset
13. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
sorry guys, I disagree...the most delayed phone was the HP Pre3 (Globally speaking)
17. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
GS2 should've been first. The iPhone wasn't a delay of any sort. People ASSUMED it would be an iPhone 5, Apple never said that. So it shouldn't be on the list at all. It seems that PA is making up the rules as they go along.
21. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Wait.. the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro took much longer than that. So did the HP Pre 3.
22. paul5an (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
How the Xperia Pro failed to get a mention, I don't know. Delayed by 6 months due to the Japanese earthquake, yet still remains highly competitive.