PhoneArena Awards 2011: Game of the year
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2011, 11:15 posted on
We are here to present the Game of the year award, which is the eighth category in the PhoneArena Awards of 2011. And believe us when we say that it was not easy for us to pick the best one...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nuadar1 (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I actually never played one of those...no Shadowgun or something like that? I mean...little more "advanced" game??
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Shadowgun is fun, but it smacks of a Gears of War/Bulletstorm clone, just like Modern Combat 2 is a Call of Duty clone.
2. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Order & Chaos is legit. I need to get Where's my water and check that out if it really is #1.
3. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
ive not played any of them either.
i refuse to pay for apps, but i feel like i miss out on some awesome stuff b/c of that.
generally amazon's free app of the day gives me plenty of gaming options though.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Who says you have to pay for any apps :-)
15. robinrisk (unregistered)
lol, my sentiment exactly.
20. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no pirating apps. peeps work hard for that money.
go pirate a movie.. sure, those guys make millions and billions. Our local app developers normally work from home on the side while doing other jobs and make us these apps we love. If there is no add supported version and they want a buck or 2, give it to em.
5. davidvvassallo (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
I am sorry but isn't infinity Blade suppose to be first i mean it look so cool. coming from an android fan that is excitingly waiting for his galaxy nexus to arrive.
9. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Infinity Blade is too repetitive etc to be up there. Order & Chaos is a much better game.
17. davidvvassallo (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
Well I bought order and chaos and I have to say I didn't like it.
18. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
Ininity Blade is a over-raed IOS application which only repeats itself. I mean, yes, the grahpics are good, but same old same old, its over-rated just like the iphone itself. The graphics are NOT stunning as they advertise, i mean compare it to some PSP games...Also, its game play is pathetic...really...swipe...left...right...up...down...left...right...up and so on...oh thats sure to be fun, isnt it?
19. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Have you played Infinity Blade II?
Much, much better than the first.
6. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Haven't played the others, but I can vouch for "Where's my Water?," it's actually pretty fun! First few levels are pretty easy to let you get the hang of digging and guiding water where you want with pretty realistic physics effects. Then it starts to get pretty tough, but still fun.
Snagged it last week free from Facebook Apple AppStore giveaway. I think it's still free.
7. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
infinity blade 1 was good. Infinity blade 2 was more like forget android these guys want to start challenging ps3 level of graphics.
8. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If you like "Where's my Water?," I also think that "Early Bird" for iOS is a pretty good time waster. It's free right now in the app store. Let's put that at 4th place.
10. seylan (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Well I guessed many people got over Angry Birds...
Plants vs Zombies?
11. Nick_T (Posts: 154; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Actually, neither of them is from 2011, which is why they do not qualify for the category.
12. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
I wish 2012 could see a Xperia Play 2 with Tegra 3...
14. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Xperia plays specs are good enough. it can run shadowgun whit good frame rate. And what are you going to do with a quad core phone?
it´s not like bethesda will develop skyrim to mobile phones. Oh and hail Sithis.
16. robinrisk (unregistered)
does skyrim take a lot of system resources?
I've never played it but i see a lot of people talking about it.
21. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
a lot of resources? lol. yea.. id say it takes more than a few.. and a few more than that. :)
Hey you know what might be plausable with these next gen quad cores? A morrowind port!!!! that would be worth every penny. :)
22. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Skyrim is probably one of the most advanced game for this gen of consoles. You can literally play the game forever. After you're done with the main and side quests (which will take about 200 hours), the game will generate random missions. They're not stupid fetch-quest missions either... real in-depth stuff. I could never get into Bethesda games. I tried Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout ect... They're just too big and time consuming for me. The "Witcher 2" is coming to consoles and is supposed to be another really sick rpg.