Phone makers done tweaking, ready to update to ICS very soon
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2012, 05:54 posted on
Major phone manufacturers including Asus, Samsung and Sony have finished the testing and certification and are ready to update…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay, Android is a fun, versatile OS with every type of skin, form factor, price range and manufacturer anyone could want. But I can't for the life of me see an advantage to the idea of going from 4.0 ICS, which has been well recieved, to 5.0 in less than a few months. I have been defending Android saying with ICS I felt their fragmentation would be better. Am I this wrong ALREADY???
13. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
so according to the author Victor H. android is suffering from fragmentation very badly ?
question for the author - dint you read the article by Micheal ?
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I wonder if Michael and Victor come into the office each day and flip each other off, call each other out at staff meetings, shoot those little suction cup guns at each other's coffee mugs...
Victor wearing a shirt that reads, 'iM CREATIVE', and micahels wearing a shirt that reads, 'This IS the Droid you're looking for'.
24. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I can sometimes be a bit of a d**k... figured I'd go light today.
28. bizwhizzy (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Why dint he even read when Michael wrote this same story yesterday?
2. Carlitos (Posts: 395; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Speculations. I doubt android 5.0, will come in may or june. Google, would most likely not make something like this.
3. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
why google is in so much haste ...when they want to counter fragmentation they must hold themselves for sometime & back up the ics .....byt their action doesn't seems to fit with their ideas of countering fragmentation.
14. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Google themselves said that ICS will solve Android fragmentation. Based on that, I am guessing Jellybeans will be an update like the 2.3 is to the 2.2. So I guess fragmentation wouldn't be an issue.
31. frydaexiii (Posts: 1338; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I think the fragmentation Google was referring to is between phones and tablets. Before phones were using Gingerbread while tablets used Honeycomb, now both platforms will be running ICS, closing the gap between the 2...
4. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
when ICS was announced and when the galaxy nexus dropped they all made promises of Q1 updates. looks like those were a bit off.
25. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
You expected anything different? Lol, nothing's change here.
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1420; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
you cry babies that whine everytime a new version of android is annouced is the reason for the fragmentation
9. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
the whining is the reason?
seems like more of a reaction to me.
27. c.hack (Posts: 528; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
If you want a phone that actually gets updates, and isn't obsolete after the Maxxxx version comes out in 2 months, then get an iPhone. Otherwise, stick with your obsolete phones running a 2010 OS.
29. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
At least Android has advanced since its was created, in like ios, 2007 was a long time ago.....
7. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
That's a bunch of crap. They are pushing out ICS much better than they did Gingerbread if you ask me and the fact that Samsung and HTC already have it on devices doesn't make it look like they are twiddling their thumbs waiting for Jellybean.
ICS has consolidated the phone and tablet OS so I can't see Jellybean being a Tablet update like I've heard not too long ago. Google will not leapfrog over ICS to Jellybean this damn fast.
8. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Did you say fragmentation? Oh boy, I see bad weather coming...
10. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
what if Jellybean won't be a drastic update? Just like like Eclair to Froyo and Froyo to Gingerbread? What if Jellybean will be just v4.1 and not v5.0?
When rumors come out, they are just rumors and nothing but rumors.
11. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I heard as soon as....next week some devices are getting ICS on Verizon and sprint
12. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
I will grab my pitchfork and light my torches when Google says it's coming out. Until then I choose not to flip out over rumors.
15. redmd (Posts: 1018; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
" you cry babies that whine everytime a new version of android is annouced is the reason for the
Haha nice one. People are so whiny, go get yourselves iPhone. Fragmentation this fragmentation that, don't you have a life outside your smartphone?
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
victor u need to stop treating completely unsubstantiated rumors as fact. no one said JB is coming out soon nor that it will be 5.0. it could be 4.1 . it could come out next year. where were you when android was gettting major updates every 6 months... be we are looking at a yearly cycle and your making it seem like its worse when it's not. instead of trying to find new ways to incite android paranoia for no reason why not just stick to fact? even better go find hard facts on iOS's severe "fragmentation " issue and publish that.
at least go read Michael's article on the matter...
17. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Although all PA writers are claimed to be unbiased i find it very hard to convince myself Victor is not an Ifan writer. Its not quite obvious at first but theres a subtle using and wordings of phrases in his articles so the writing does not quite show dislike of android but still paint a somewhat negative picture of it while seeming neutral!
19. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
have to agree with you bro. Micheal is the ONLY WRITER WHO IS NOT BIASED. and be ready for hate mails from PA telling you how you cant say anything against apple and isheeps.
18. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
exactly... i finished reading an awesome article by Micheal this morning and then I see this crap. this is simply ibiased thing.
22. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
"if we are to trust digitimes..."
can you read?
Michael's article is his own work and it was very good.
This is just a reposting and rewording of the source article (like 95% of the stuff on PA). Why on earth are you guys bashing the "author"? You are just killing the messenger.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The messenger has the ability to write and rewrite as he sees fit, so yea... he isnt quoting something verbatim, he is adding his own spin to it.
26. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Someone has no idea what they're talking about.
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Google may showcase Jelly Bean this summer just to show off what is is they've done, but I wouldn't think you'd see any actual release until the end of the year for the holidays. (And the holiday sales.)
30. JunitoNH (Posts: 1240; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I'm melting..........melting.........I tell you.
32. mschmal (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
T-mo seems to be updating the bloat ware on my GS-II....is this a hint of ICS soon to come?