People line up for 8 hours to get Nokia Lumia 800 in Singapore, lured by a free Xbox 360 offer
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2011, 07:12 posted on
Nokia launched its first Windows Phone in Singapore, and the people have been waiting in line for eight hours to get their coveted Lumia 800. The launch promotion also consists of a free Xbox 360 with Kinect for the first 100 owners, so that's apparently been a huge crowd-turner...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
People are waited months in long lines for iPhone didn't give away anything and still sold millions of phones and made 50% of profit on each phone.
3. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
they surely are .... windows 7 crap ... xbox was good
4. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
You seem quite defensive about a product that wasn't even mentioned in this article. Are you somehow related?
5. pongkie (Posts: 492; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
do you think apple should give back something to their fans? Maybe they should stop boasting profits and start giving hmmmmmm
10. harsh_732006 (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
what else do you expect from the Issheep?..duh
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ill buy the phone and sell the Xbox on ebay.
13. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
most doing the that the opposite way,expect lost of the nokias to appear on ebay
7. Pdubb (Posts: 236; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
No matter who is selling a product, I think that waiting in those long lines is a little crazy. However this free xbox-kinect bundle for the first 100 might would have me thinking about doing this.
11. hepresearch (unregistered)
Haha... We can be like Apple lovers, too! Except we get FREE STUFF for waiting in the long long (popular) line... Long Live Nokia!
Apparently it is super fun to wait for hours in the groupie line... so popular! All for a piece of electronics that they will replace after waiting in a similar line in a couple more years when the next big thing arrives... this is the stuff they will tell their grandchildren about some day?
12. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
most will keep the xbox and sell the phone thus making a profit. the phone is a failure otherwise without this offer
18. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
the article mentions only 100 xboxes to be given away and there seems to be many more than that in line. hardly a failure. :)
17. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
thank you, daniel p. for a positive report of the nokia/wp debut in singapore. very refreshing to hear from pa in this manner. :)