Pentagon approves one Android device, still testing iOS
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Dec 2011, 16:21
It's just one more sign that BlackBerry is falling fast. Now, the US Pentagon has approved a modified Android device for use in the Department of Defense and is testing iOS devices for use as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. The_Miz posted on 28 Dec 2011, 18:56 2
Because iPhones sell fast while Android is dead last. ZING!
7. gallitoking posted on 28 Dec 2011, 17:30 0
if they are still testing iOS is because the Venue is not satisfying.. hope they do they right choice.. for our country...
8. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 28 Dec 2011, 18:14 7
Take it out buddy, seriously it should have lost flavor a long time ago...
11. DIYguy posted on 28 Dec 2011, 20:12 3
Ofcourse they are testing dell and apple devices they are AMERICAN unlike most of the other manufacturers...
13. quakan posted on 28 Dec 2011, 22:09 3
American in name only, they're still manufactured in china.
17. Lucas777 posted on 29 Dec 2011, 00:57 1
all the money still flows to america.. only a limited portion actually stays in china, and if they attempted to make the product in america they wud ironically probably make less money for america's economy
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 28 Dec 2011, 20:46 1
There is a problem with supply chain vulnerability for the iPhone. Until all of the internal chips of the iPhone are sourced outside of PRC, I don't think the iPhone is going to get FIPS certification.
16. Bluesky02 posted on 29 Dec 2011, 00:33 1
This is really bad news for Blackberry. A sign that Android security can be trusted at higher level compared to Blackberry.
18. The_Miz posted on 29 Dec 2011, 01:30 2
Which is delusional since Android has more security vulnerabilities(Carrier IQ lol) and malware threats than any OS. BB has higher level security. iOS is very secure.
19. bbblader posted on 29 Dec 2011, 01:36 1
gallitoking you chiken if we colide every android device into one device and release it every year with a minor upgrade iOS would have lost in 2010...wait it has lost it
also if someone counts all the sold android devices...lets just say that iJoke devices would have 10% of that number
24. gallitoking posted on 29 Dec 2011, 17:58 0
is ok to hate.. bbblader... you have a stutterrr or wwwhatttt.... dude i cant reply because honestly I twas not very clear (know I know how people feel when I type).. so please can you go 5th grade on me...
20. HTCiscool posted on 29 Dec 2011, 03:40 0
Ok, of ALLLLLLLLLLL.... the Android phones in existance, the Pentagon had to pick the Dell Venue? No one knows nor cares about it and there are far better options
21. Thullraven posted on 29 Dec 2011, 05:42 0
BB will always be tops when it comes to security, like it or not. I like that other platforms are being tested, but Android has more holes than swiss cheese.
22. seeds posted on 29 Dec 2011, 07:26 0
more prove that android is not only for fun & daily :-)
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 29 Dec 2011, 12:32 0
WHY CHOOSE THE DELL Venue? They could of gotten the Galaxy Note which is better