PayPal exec confirms fingerprint-reading iPhone is coming
0. phoneArena 15 May 2013, 09:07 posted on
Among the keynote talking points was this little gem: "It's widely rumored that a large technology provider in Cupertino, Calif., will come out with a phone later this year that has a fingerprint reader on it. There is going to be a fingerprint enabled phone on the market later this year. Not just one, multiple..."
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This is a good idea to add extra security on a phone that is already secure.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6404; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U do realize apple purchase the company. Not create.
11. stealthd (Posts: 955; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You do realize that's completely irrelevent right?
15. ardent1 (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
And DO U realize Apple is integrating as in creating that technology as part of the iPhone and other devices.
Apple didn't create the smartphone either, but Apple has done a great job with its ideas about what the "modern day" smartphone should look like.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I've had a bio metric scanner equipped phone long ago, all I hope is this works better.
3. jacko1977 (Posts: 388; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
just most virus ridden os dont you mean and fingerprint reading already been done
still ijunk 5S/6 still 3 years behind the competition
4. bucky (Posts: 1390; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Keep telling yourself that while continuing to pay more attention to apple articles than those of your favoured OS.
19. stealthd (Posts: 955; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Are you laughing at your own comments for how silly and nonsensical they are? Because everyone else is.
5. GhostBear (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Over 2 years of use and the fingerprint scanner still works great on my Motorola Atrix 4G. Hopefully more software will catch up and begin supporting biometrics.
7. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
His wording makes me believe that there won't be an iPhone that will be released with this, he merely confirmed that there have been rumors of the iPhone that have it, and he said there will be multiple phones this year that have it. Either this confirms that there will be two iPhones this year, both with fingerprint scanners, or that other phones will [also] be getting fingerprint scanners. Also, in this case, could mean that this doesn't quite confirm that the iPhone will get it this time around, but it is a distinct possibility.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6404; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
We already know that PayPal. Finger sensor was already on Motorola Atrix 4G. Why act like it's a big deal for them,
16. ardent1 (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Because it's what you do with the technology.
Apple didn't invent the tablet -- that was MicroSoft. What Apple did was create a tablet that was immensely successful, something MicroSoft couldn't figure out on it's own.
It's a big deal when consumers are buying the products in millions of units. More first generation iPad were sold in its first year than all the MicroSoft tablets to date, respectively.
10. Randz (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 May 2013)
i hope there's more than just a fingerprint scanning device..
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1791; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'd rather a company (any company) not have my fingerprint on file in addition to all the other information they already have on me.