Patent reveals Google Glass Part 2 with a binocular display
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 20:49 posted on
The second phase of Google Glass is going to have displays for each eyes, according to a patent filed by Google in the third quarter of 2011 called Google Glass Part 2; one of the problems that comes up with the use of the binocular display is the possibility that the two sides get misaligned which could cause the user to experience dizziness, but which Google hopes to overcome...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3806; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I hope that isn't your highlight of the day
2. RohanM (Posts: 132; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
hey Alan, upload some Barcelona live feeds plz.......
3. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Its fun to watch tech evolve. What is the present becomes the past. What is the future becomes the current and what is unforeseeable becomes the future.
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3806; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm still not convinced that this will become practical in everyday use.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4075; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It probably won't be anytime soon. Sometime within the next 3-5 years though, it'll be a different story. By then, the concept would be designed to look sleeker and more practical, with all the features of the original concept video that was shown.
10. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
hey mxyzptlk remember when you use to troll , ohh my bad u still do !
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1772; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I bet if there was an apple logo on it you'd be all over this thing as innovation and how you're wanting one.
6. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Can't wait to ummm... you know, do some binocular stuff... include night vision and I'll buy it no matter what cost google ;)
8. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I want Google Glass... and Sergey.. haha
11. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
oh great this is just what vouyers need....a pair of glasses with binoculars built into them....im all for the new eyewear but leave the binocular part out of it....
12. drzonw (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
I don't think binocular display has anything to do with magnification. It's about having two displays, one for each eye.