Patent reveals Google Glass Part 2 with a binocular display
mechanical actuators to fix deformities in the unit to make sure that both sides are aligned. This could be done whenever Google Glass is turned on or take place on a continuous basis in real time.
With the original Google Glass coming to market by the end of this year, will some buyers wait for Google Glass Part 2, or will there still be the same rush to be the first on the block with the device that can tether to your iOS or Android phone to bring data to your eye only?
source: PatentBolt via Slashgear
Google Glass Part 2 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Google Glass Part 2
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I hope that isn't your highlight of the day
2. RohanM (Posts: 81; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
hey Alan, upload some Barcelona live feeds plz.......
3. DaNTRoN (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Its fun to watch tech evolve. What is the present becomes the past. What is the future becomes the current and what is unforeseeable becomes the future.
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm still not convinced that this will become practical in everyday use.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It probably won't be anytime soon. Sometime within the next 3-5 years though, it'll be a different story. By then, the concept would be designed to look sleeker and more practical, with all the features of the original concept video that was shown.
10. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
hey mxyzptlk remember when you use to troll , ohh my bad u still do !
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I bet if there was an apple logo on it you'd be all over this thing as innovation and how you're wanting one.
6. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Can't wait to ummm... you know, do some binocular stuff... include night vision and I'll buy it no matter what cost google ;)
8. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I want Google Glass... and Sergey.. haha
11. bluescreen (Posts: 139; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
oh great this is just what vouyers need....a pair of glasses with binoculars built into them....im all for the new eyewear but leave the binocular part out of it....
12. drzonw (Posts: 8; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
I don't think binocular display has anything to do with magnification. It's about having two displays, one for each eye.