Partial specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leak, reveal QHD resolution screen
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2014, 20:19 posted on
As soon as the specs for the Samsung Galaxy S5 were revealed at MWC in February, all thoughts turned to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the next iteration of Samsung's phablet line. What does Samsung have under its sleeve for its next big thing? We just might have an idea after CNMO posted a list of partial specs leaked for the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
there wont be QHD its not going to happen. if it was ever going to happen it would have been in the S5. again fake rumors.
32. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
You don't know that at all, regardless of what you think, QHD is almost here in mainstream for flagships, and there is no reason to suggest that Samsung is not considering offering it in at least 1 of their yearly flagship updates or still even offering a new premium series with QHD, the note range is growing more popular with every new model so why not, if anything it would actually be ever so slightly more realistic on a larger screen where you MAY actually be able to spot the differance between 1080p and 2k, not that the human eye can tell between 5.1" and lets say 5.9"
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
2014 is going to be an interesting year for me, phone-wise. I have two upgrades available, but I have decided that OIS is a must-have feature. I wonder whether the iP6 is going to be equipped with OIS. If so, I might be compelled to hold my nose and give it a try. But if no OIS on the iP6, I will pass. Not sure about the second upgrade, either as I haven't seen/heard about a flagship phone for VZW other than the LG G3 that is confirmed to have OIS on board. If the L1520 were available on VZW, I would give it a try if only for curiosity sake.
I never thought I would be so ambivalent about a new smartphone.
30. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
"Even more reason not to get an S5." (???) LOL .
(There are only reasons to buy it , iboy.)
But you are close:) It was EXACTLY the point of this "article", though
19. Ashoaib (Posts: 2568; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I dont think samsung will rush to QHD bcoz its heavy on system's resources OR may be samsung will come up with some solution or may be SD805 will be powerful enough to perform well with QHD
36. fzacek (Posts: 2349; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It wouldn't be rushing; they've used FHD on the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, and Galaxy S5, so it's time to move up to FHD with their 5.8+ inch Note 4.
3. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Well the note is their true flagship line so not surprising to see this. Will be interesting to see what else they pack into it.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1737; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Note may be superior...but S line is their true flagship....
Because it is for normal people....
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1737; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Note may be superior...but S line is their true flagship....
Because it is for normal people....most of them can't handle big phones....
31. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Not sure about "most", but many , yes.
Buy the way this dumb "article" , just like the "articles" about some "premium tin-can S5"(Iol), are here before S5's day, to make ppl NOT TO BUY the great S5
4. zachattack (Posts: 599; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
watch it be 1080p when it releases lolol
5. Qbancelli (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
Yeah, I'm gonna sit around and wait for a frigging phone that long.
8. tiburonpineda (Posts: 39; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I just gonna get the galaxy s5 on the 11.. ez pay on Sprint...so when the note 4 come out ill upgrade and sign new contract... ;)
12. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
300 ppi was enough. . Too crazy to make more, like apple said, that is retina display
33. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple says lots of things. Retina is just a marketing term that Apple created in order to convince uneducated customers that nothing could be better than what they have. The visual limit of someone with 20/20 vision is actually a bit higher that 300ppi at one foot.
13. Zack_2014 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
QHD Super AMOLED display
Rest of GS5 features.
14. azalucel (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
actually it will be 805/810 with adreno 420/+ for the american version and a octa core exynos 6 possibly 64 bit for international, the 810 would be 64 bit and octa core as well, it would also have 4 gb of lpddr3 ram
15. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I have a strong feeling that due to the partnership between LG and Qualcomm, the LG G3 will be the first smartphone /phablet to feature the snapdragon 805. I don't think surpassing 3GB of ram will eventuate, however, we might see DDR 5 RAM debut this year especially with the advances in mobile CPU'S.
20. azalucel (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
man they just started giving desktops access to ddr4 it will be years before mobile gets that, and as for ddr5 the specifications for its building guidelines hasn't even been discussed so were probably looking at 10 years on that
40. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Okay that was my mistake, I actually did mean DDR 4 ram. However, consoles, like my PS4, already have DDR 5 RAM. 8 Gigabytes in fact.
42. azalucel (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
um you need to re read your specs thats GDDR5 not DDR5 huge difference, GDDR is your graphics ram where as DDR is your systems ram and GDDR has been around for years where as DDR4 was just announced with the haswell E chip
23. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
DDR 5 RAM?? DDR 4 RAM,for now still not exists in mobile space
16. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
wtf? I ALREADY have a NOTE 5! HAHA
who owns a note 6 here??? LOL
21. pocketbook (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
I'm surprised several sites are saying water proof and not water resistant. Samsung has carefully chose the latter definition for the S5. Probably a good call considering what the S4 Active had going on with it.
26. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 871; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
My next phone. :)
I'm betting on:
5.8inch 2K SAMOLED
Snapdragon 805/beefed up Exynos 5422
S-Pen with further refined Premium Suit
S5 features with some NotePro features (not all)
As long as it has 3GB RAM, bigger batt and that 2K display, I'm happy.
27. skymitch89 (Posts: 1161; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
QHD is 4k not 2k, hence the "Q" for "Quad" which is 4.
29. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
4K is Ultra HD (4x FHD), genius.
QHD means quad HD (4x HD resolution).
HD = 720p
QHD = 1440p
35. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
QHD (Quad HD), also sometimes advertised as WQHD due to its widescreen shape, or 1440p, is a display resolution of 2560x1440 pixels in a 16:9 aspect ratio. It has four times as many pixels as the 720p HDTV video standard, hence the name.
+1 from me fireblade...
4K resolution is a generic term for display devices or content having horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels.
38. davenycept (Posts: 189; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I believe this.. I keep saying that Sammy saves it's latest and greatest for the Note line not the S line anymore...So expect big things from the N4
39. JMartin22 (Posts: 1357; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I don't care what the resolution is. As long as it can achieve the same brightness, efficiency, and color accuracy the S5 has, or better.
41. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 534; Member since: 20 May 2012)
And my new T-Mobile Jump! program will end just as the Note 4 is coming out. Total win for me!!
43. colbolt449 (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
With Apple expected to introduce iPhones with larger screens and an IWatch I believe Samsung will pull out all the stops and introduce a totally remarkable Note 4.
44. hiteshjaina (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
It is rumor that note 4 might feature 3 sided display how can this is possible i never a saw a phone like this it is new and fresh as mention in galaxy-note4.com
45. ewitte (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
I got the S4 not to long after it came out. Really I preferred the Note2 but wasn't willing to settle on 720p. Now that the S5 is out I upgraded to the Note3 and upgrading my wife's s2 :) Note3 is closer to S5 in specs than it is s4. I wouldn't put it past them to do 4k its probably going to be another 6 months. Really its probably not going to look that much better on that size of screen though. The biggest PQ improvement I see over the s4 is outside visibility. The s4 has horrendous outside visibility.