Paranoid Android: Here are 10 apps to keep your calls, messages and browsing private and secure
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2014, 01:50 posted on
Is the NSA listening to your every call, reading through your messages and emails, and watching your browser history?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
How bout having a phone that just makes and receives calls? Take that NSA!!!
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
NSA really doesn't care that much about what you are saying. They get much more useful information from the meta-data generated by the call.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Eh, are we recycling an earlier article?
3. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
At first I thought they were talking about radiohead
4. zennacko (Posts: 227; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
If any of those apps was made by an american living in the USA, you know they can "friendly persuade" its creator(s) to give away the master decryption key for any message, right?
And then they'll force the silence of this(ese) people, the same way they did to the big companies. And you'll think you're still safe, but you're back to ground zero again.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
As Victor says, not really. I am not going to get into details, but it is possible to circumvent big brother. Worst case, both ends need to be using the same solution, but it is possible. And not that expensive.
8. Igneel (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I thought it was the Paranoid Android custom rom..
10. 1091323 (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
question is who makes those? Nothing is lost in the digital world.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2535; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It would be helpful to know for each app, if it is open source or not.
We already know closed source security/privacy apps are likely NSA/CIA funded and neither secure nor private.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Seems like an earlier article is being recycled.
14. pubbaa (Posts: 20; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Hey Phone arena.
can you make a post on how to manage and organize contacts on android phones via pc (Apps like Moborobo and such)
maybe its a noob's request but think everyone can benefit from that..noobs and veterans alike .
17. alekswatch (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
I think those messenger are not safe as they should. I recently found this one - SafeUM. safeum.com. They claims they have very gooв protection. Will see in the future.