Pantech officially dwarfs the competition with the 5.9" Vega No. 6
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 07:12 posted on
If you really like the Samsung Galaxy Note II but its 5.5" display just doesn't seem big enough for you, then Pantech may have the right device for you. The just announced Vega No. 6 will present you to a monstrous 5.9-inch 1080p display and everything you may possibly want in a smartphone, but the sad part is that there isn't any information about availability outside of Korea yet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1336; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
doesnt drawth the rumored sony 6.4 and a bunch of 6.1 phones in china
20. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Not interested, the Sony Togari (2nd generation) is MY future phone!!!!!!!!!
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6114; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks very nice. Their putting killer memory in their phones but dont think they will sell good if they can market right to put up against the competition
17. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
The Pantech Discover is a pretty good entry and proof that Pantech does know how to make something decent. And they price fairly too. They're like the Vizio of the Android world.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1336; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and I wonder if it will get a US release Panetch so weird about US releases. We usually get the crap phones while the rest of the world gets the good ones. Though the one released by AT&T for 50 bucks actually pretty good
5. GadgetFree (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No, the Vega line is exclusively for South Korea market - home to some of the most powerful phone in the world. And pantech is also the 3rd biggest manufacturer behind samsung and LG in SK.
I live in Vietnam, and the Vega is very famous here. Unfortunately, there are some apps that can only be used in SK and some special feature in message and phone which is annoying, though can be fixed by installing a custom ROM
4. JunBringer (Posts: 96; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I'd be tempted except I really like the S-Pen and other functionality of the Note 2.
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 637; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
What's the battery capacity of this phone.....????
7. MistB (Posts: 549; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Android authority has it as 3,100 MAH and the author there quoted expandable memory up to 2TB, that last part is most likely made up.
9. GadgetFree (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
lol, 2TB it's a bit overkill for a mobile device
10. eyedoc81 (Posts: 12; Member since: 20 May 2011)
Vega No. 6 sounds like it should be the sequel to Mambo #5 (By Lou Vega).
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I like the design... The sharp edges makes it look strong and defined!
12. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Looks good but if they ''Pantech'' was really about anything in general they would have there devices here in the States. Pantech is SOFT AND WEAK and could NEVER COMPARE to the Galaxy Note 2 on there best day. Nice try thou just another handset that won't make it to the United States.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2089; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You're such a troll, Richard, but I love it.
15. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Idk. The Note 2 has a faster processor, but this has a larger display and camera.
Even the Note 2 is pushing it at 5.5" already. I wouldnt buy this for the display or camera.
Id still pick the Note 2 personally.
16. Twisted247 (Posts: 195; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
This has some very killer specs, some may say that Huewai has a bigger phone in their 6" ascend series. But that one is 720p with weaker specs, this Pantech is a contender to many with these specs on board.
18. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
yea, note series, ascend mate,sony togari, and now vega