Pantech Vega Iron 2 could be the world's first Snapdragon 805 smartphone
While the Vega Iron 2 hasn’t been officially introduced, it appeared in some leaked photos published by Chinese website TechOrz. Reportedly, its features - besides the alleged Snapdragon 805 heart - include a 5.5-inch 1080p display, 13MP rear camera, 3MP front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 32GB / 64 GB of internal memory, and a 2,800 mAh batter. The handset will probably run Android 4.4 KitKat.
As a reminder, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset comes with four Krait 450 CPU cores clocked at 2.5 GHz, and an Adreno 420 GPU. We’ll probably see more smartphones and tablets based on it in the near future.
source: TechOrz (translated) via GSM Arena
1. timukh (Posts: 198; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
801 and 805 both seemed to be 2.5GHz. Apart from the GPU how is 805 better?
4. Kishin (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Probably it's faster app reactions and process reaction.
6. wargreymon (Posts: 182; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
SD801 uses Krait 400 cores and SD805 uses Krait 450 cores. So that would mean higher IPC making SD805 faster even though it has same Clock. There are probably some other juicy things under the hood like higher camera bandwidth and faster memory support etc.
10. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
To ME this looks way better than the XPERIA Z2
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3317; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't think the 805 will have too much difference in performance to 801. Maybe a bit bigger difference than 801 and 800 which is already minimal.
14. Zenzui (Posts: 90; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I've seen a couple of Pantech phones on ATT stores. So I think coming here to NA is something possible.
15. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Wait you've seen the Korean Vega editions at AT&T??
17. Zenzui (Posts: 90; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Errr.. I mean Pantech brand is not new to ATT network in USA...
27. p51d007 (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Yeah, a few at&t stores have pantech...usually the CHEAP flip phones that grandma & grandpa use ;)
28. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Those are Pantech's North American devices. The real ones are in Korea like the Vega series.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2719; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
A 2800mAh battery definitely seems on the small side for a 5.5" device with a 1080 screen. I hope the software is incredibly well optimized.
24. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
A Korean report says the Pantech Vega Iron 2 will likely have a 3200 mAh battery.
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2719; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Considering that I can't read any of that, I'll take your word for it.
12. Totse2k15 (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Great CPU, other specs is meh to me. Don't like the name, design is average. Find 7 over this.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
If that camear is flushed to the rear, I'm loving the design.. and if it's not, I'm not liking the design as much. Still, I hope it comes to the states (likely not). It looks like a really great phone!
19. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
i personally loved the vega irons design but the iron 2 is meh......i wish the iron line would reach the US, the only pantech phone i have had was a Pantech crossover and it was a decent phone for entry level.
22. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
For me the back design looks much more aesthetic than its predecessor. And you might want to wait if they have a white version to compare it with the Vega Iron. I don't know we'll have to see the real design few months from now.
20. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
it may get 805 but once sony,samsung htc and lg gets it,it's gonna be different story..
21. warren24 (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Anybody that knows anything about Pantech knows its doing very bad. I find it highly unlikeyl that it'll find it a popular place in the U.S. Besides didnt the new chairperson say that he wanted Pantech to stay only in Korea for a while?
23. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
please release the pantech secret note internationally. i would definitely buy it with the increase screen estate compare to my note 3, otherwise waiting for note 4
25. btbotimtim (Posts: 150; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i thought pantech was filing bankruptsy..
26. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
They have almost recovered with their secret note.