Pantech Marauder comes to Verizon with LTE, QWERTY and Dual-Interface
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2012, 08:52 posted on
Verizon's newest Android phone is called the Pantech Marauder. This new offering will be equally suitable for both users coming from feature phones, as well as those who are already into smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
This seems like a pretty good bang for your buck. Especially if that's an S4 inside there.
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2166; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
We're talking about a $50 phone from Pantech. I highly doubt there's an S4 in there.
3. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Hey you never know, it seems to be the chip of choice and it's being spread out among all tiers (low, mid, high range). And the rest of the specs would still keep it low on price to allow it sell for $50. A man can dream can't he.
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah. You can get the Droid 4 and the Samsung Stratosphere for about the same price... I don't see any reason to use this thing.
6. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
ICS is not a good enough reason? The internals in this will probably be better if not the same. I would not buy it, but if I could only choose between those three, I would have this one.
9. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yes, ICS is a good reason, but I really don't think it will be good at all with Pantech's two different modes in it. It is probably going to be too heavily modified and not going to be any better.
I highy doubt that the ACTUAL performance will be any better than the droid 4, although I do think it will be faster than the Stratosphere because it is an older phone.
7. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I guess it's a pretty okay budget smartphone. I know Pantech is capable of making some high end smartphones, so I don't understand why they have to be a "budget" brand in America. :\
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8242; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The UI is worse than LG's. But I guess its decent if its for new smartphone owners....