Pantech Discover comes to AT&T Friday to confirm that last year's top-shelf specs are this year's $50 Android
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jan 2013, 10:29
Intriguing design? Check. Nice specs? Check. Low price? Check. What else can an Android phone want from life, and the new Pantech Discover delivers it fully, at least on paper...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GhettoSquid posted on 07 Jan 2013, 10:38 0 0
I think you guys blotched the date a bit...January 11th would be this coming Friday. If this device is cheap enough off-contract ($399 to $449), I'd love to get one as a backup handset.
2. Captain_Doug posted on 07 Jan 2013, 10:42 0 0
The side view looks great. Not a fan of either of those logos though. Would love to see some specs like dimensions and whether the screen is Amoled or LCD.
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:00 5 0
It's still much better than "to your face" bullsh*t logo of Verzon I guess.
3. StalkinUrMom posted on 07 Jan 2013, 10:51 2 0
Never thought I'd say this; but that's a cool looking Pantech.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:02 2 0
The only drawback is lack of JB, and upgrade will be frustrating process.
7. Captain_Doug posted on 07 Jan 2013, 11:07 0 0
However with being as cheap off contract as it's estimated, there may be larger developer support than expected. I guess we'll see. I really like the design though(minus the logos) the software isn't my favorite.
8. zig8100 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 12:20 1 0
Wow Pantech is making better phones then Apple now also?? Crazy world we in.
9. Nathan_ingx posted on 07 Jan 2013, 13:26 1 0
Everything is super...but wait, where's the flash??
10. GhettoSquid posted on 07 Jan 2013, 15:19 1 0
Not listed in the specification sheet, but it's got an LED flash. The only knock against it so far is ICS, but IMO I can certainly live with that.