Pandora for Android gets massive update
Some of the changes include a blue and white color theme, larger album covers (more on the covers later) and with the reworked song history, you can review, rate or bookmark songs you've previously played. And the album covers can now be minimized to reveal artist bios, song lyrics, similar artists and songs, and the features of the track that put it on the play list of your personal radio station.
If you liked Pandora on Android before, you're really going to love it now. You can download the updated Pandora for free from the Google Play Store.
source: GooglePlayStore, MobileBurn
1. tidus28 (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Feb 2012)
hopefully its finally as good as pandora on an iphone
2. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Same app isn't it? Or are you just being a stuffy cr@pple customer?
7. beefsupreme (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
No, the android version is garbage because it always cuts off the ends of songs. The few times I've used the apple version I've never had that problem.
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
No it doesn't. xD I use it all the time.
9. tidus28 (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Feb 2012)
its the same app just doesnt work as smooth the android version takes 30 seconds just to lead the next song when you hit next
10. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
Mine doesn't take 30 seconds, closer to 3-5 seconds, but I'm on VZW 4G LTE, so that might be a network difference, not an app issue.
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
the android one previously did not show the amount of time of the track like the ios app did-- idk if it does now either i have not downloaded the new one-- but this really annoyed me
but the apple one had some more features and was slightly easier to use
4. nicholassss (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I use it every night at the gym. Am I behind the times?
12. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
I know I do because I'm too lazy to pick what I want to hear lol pandora just does it for me =)
5. GoBears (Posts: 427; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Pandora is great. It's all I listen to anymore.
14. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Not really. Kind of a preference thing though; which interface you find most accessible and which tune cycle matches your tastes.
Rhapsody blows them both away....but not free. Shrug.
8. IHatePhones (Posts: 99; Member since: 12 Aug 2009)
I'd say it looks more "Facebooky" than "Androidy"..
15. BattleBrat (Posts: 1274; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I have tried ALL the major music services, and Pandora is the worst, Slacker is the best followed by Spotify, rhapsody was good, I'm thinking of axing Hulu+ and subscribing to rhapsody again, mog was meh, Sony music unlimited is OK.