Panasonic announces Android handset that is actually a landline phone
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2013, 01:00 posted on
In a world where landline phones are gradually being replaced by their increasingly ubiquitous cellular counterparts, Panasonic has chosen to release an unusual handset. At a glance, it looks like an affordable Android smartphone, but the KX-PRX120, as it is called, is actually a cordless fixed-line phone. Running the now-outdated Android 4.0 ICS, the phone is definitely smarter than your typical landline unit, although it comes with low-end specs compared to today's mobile handsets. It offers a 3.5-inch display with resolution of 320 by 480 pixels...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
SWEET! I'll order mine for 3 years ago..
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Best phone for $250
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
we have a similar concept introduced by our biggest mobile network here. it's a tablet landline though. it can make calls and browse the internet.
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I was thinking that someone gonna make this too.
6. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Landline phone with the ability to browse the internet, play games and what not! :o :P
7. Remmy (Posts: 122; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
In the Philippines, we have the TelPad from PLDT, a tablet and landline phone in one. It has its own dock connected by a cord like an ordinary telephone. They have 2 models, one made by Huawei and another by ZTE I think? :)
8. gymguy224 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
This would be cool for parents to get their young kids who want cell phones. Its cheap, free data bc of wifi, and it can't leave the house so it won't get them into trouble at school. Not sure if it can act as an actual cell phone with text messaging and such which could be a deal breaker for a kid nowadays.
9. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Archos had one of these but I don't think they ever released it.
10. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Good idea. It looks so much like the Galaxy Ace though