Palm CEO named "Geek of the Year"
1. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
The Pre should be voted "biggest hype of the year" cause it got nowhere... WebOS is a great start, but the hardware needs to catch up if it's gonna last.
2. phone333 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
-Just because it didn't crush the iphone doesn't mean it didn't get anywhere...Maybe not as popular as Palm was expecting after all the bugs and issues, but it's still selling pretty good.
4. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Really? I don't think I know 2 people who have it... I guess we'll see when they release their quarterly report if that holds true.
7. SamTime (Posts: 253; Member since: 07 Nov 2009)
What about the Pre hardware needed to catch up? It has a hi-res 3.2" screen (granted there were some backlighting issues when it first came out), uses the same TI OMAP 3430 that the iPhone 3GS and DROID use, 8GB of internal memory (now more of it is available for app storage), and 3D hardware accelerated graphics are on its way.
3. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
who would want the title geek of the year??
5. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Anyone who gets that title is worth some bank.
8. rshackindian (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Apr 2009)
whats the difference between a nerd and a geek? the geek gets it done.
6. Corporatetool (Posts: 15; Member since: 07 Dec 2009)
@ Vzw fanman Most techies have no problems with being called geeks, because it's usually used in a positive way. Geeks tend to know their stuff when it comes to what they do, be it cell phones, websites, IT helpdesk, etc. Now if he had been given the "Nerd of the year" award, I could see that being offensive :p