Packaging for Apple iPhone 5S leaks, confirms fingerprint scanner
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2013, 12:41 posted on
With the Apple iPhone 5S expected to be introduced next Tuesday, it really should be no surprise that a picture of the packaging for the next full-priced iPhone has been leaked; the Apple iPhone 5S is expected to look like the current Apple iPhone 5, but with some changes here and there. For example, a dual LED lozenge shaped flash will be on the new model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1473; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
It has been confirmed here on pa more than three time now.
Well looking forward for iPhone 5S with finger print scanner and good low light camera.
14. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
The ring around the button is new info. Just saying.
2. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
no 4.5 inhes or above then i am not gonna buy
25. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1473; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Well then you are not going to buy it or at lest wait till 2016 .
besides there is a rumour about Apple going to release a phablet. Its about 5 inch or so. A phablet for iusers and a big smartphone for others (since 5 inch is pretty small for todays phablet standard. Still it's just a rumour though)
29. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1473; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Correction: Apple actually testing various iPhablet sizes up to 6-inches
76. willard12 (Posts: 1707; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Cool. Bigger screen for more black space at the top and bottom.
3. eli577 (Posts: 84; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
Always wondered what is the fingerprint scanner good for in a mobile phone.
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1218; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Better security and potentially faster than punching in some passwords depending on how fast the scanner reads the fingerprint.
21. Commentator (Posts: 3704; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
User-settings (guest vs. admin), fast-switching between apps, submitting personal information to the NSA...
55. HawaiiWarrior87 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Security and other things. I had the LG Expo and it had a fingerprint scanner
59. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If the scanner is of good quality... it is the most convenient way to unlock your phone while keeping a high security method...
Face Unlock is good for some situations, but it is usually slower and you need good ambience light.
Pin is not bad but it is easier to crack, and also slow in comparisson
Pattern is now my preferred method after I gave up on my old Atrix 4G... but the fingerprint scanner will always be my favorite way to unlock my phone...
Also it makes more sense to have it on a phone than a computer, since we unlock hundreds of times a day the phone, while only a few times a day a computer...
4. loebsall007 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
The ring around the phone is most likely an LED ring that will either light up red or green, depending on whos's trying to access your phone. And to the ding dong above^^^ Have fun not buying it because the 4" Screen is here to stay at least for this time around
23. Commentator (Posts: 3704; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Brings me back to my days with my HTC Touch Diamond.
Beautiful device, even compared to modern phones, and that LED ring was a big reason why.
7. Nesco (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
historic event?? !!...we know you are an apple fanboy..but don't make it too obvious :D
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I cannot wait to get mine. Hurry up 9-20-13 for 9-21-13
10. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 232; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Yaaaaay! Can't wait to sleep nights on the sidewalk in order to be the FIRST iChump to pay $900+ for a mid-range Jobs-legacy POS!
27. Commentator (Posts: 3704; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Ha! I get what he did!
You see guys, he added "i" in front of "Chump" to make "iChump." He's making fun of the fact that Apple products are similarly named!
That's pretty clever man, I wish I had thought of that!
...or should I say "iWish iHad iThought iOf iThat!"
Wow that felt great to say! I feel so much better making fun of people now that I can do it in a clever and sophisticated way!
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAO way to slay that crap comment he left. It's older than time itself. +1
80. rockblock123 (Posts: 20; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
whoa dude u and your iphone ass buddies on line early ..yeaaa
11. imkyle (Posts: 1074; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Didn't Motorola have this on their first Atrix device back in 2011?