Own a piece of the past, Microsoft KIN ONE, on sale for $25
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 18:55 posted on
It was not one of Microsoft’s or Verizon’s brighter moments, but the KIN ONE does have its own special...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Truely, it is. I worked at Verizon when this came out. They pulled us into a meeting to teach us about it, and the feedback was horrible but the higher ups didn't want to hear it. We told them charging a data plan on this thing would kill it in its crib, but VZW knows better right? Three months and 500 units later VZW pulled them, BIG SURPRISE! Sometimes it pays to listen to the people in the trenches, or pay through the noise when you don't.
2. natesvlogs (Posts: 40; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Proof Microsoft has ALWAYS known how to please consumers
4. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
You would think they would learn about adding "One" to their product names. Kin one, and now the Xbox one, both fails in comparison to competition.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Hahaha you would think they would have learned their lesson....
7. Hammerfest (Posts: 380; Member since: 12 May 2012)
sadly, I would NOT think they would have learned their lession...
Not saying im going with the PS4, but definitly not the XBone..
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I spent about 600+ on a gaming computer and about 300 on a nividia graphics card. I can play any current game on the highest settings and they all run smoothly. While I understand Steam has a lot of "online only" settings, at least Steam gives you insane deals and specials nearly every day. Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot...no face with the X-Box One.
You couldn't get me to shut up about how much I loved my X-Box 360 but even I can't see what the hell they are thinking with this.
9. valapsp (Posts: 514; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Guys it doesn't work with GSM carriers? Just CDMA?
10. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Oh LORD no.... I'm a Verizon employee... and we still get those things back with issues.... Id rather spend $49.99 on a Palm Pixi.....
12. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
As an owner of a palm pixi and a kin oneM, id take the kin. the pixi (and palm in general) was loads of problems for me.
11. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I might be alone in this boat, but the Kin OneM was not a terrible phone. Decent camera, Wi-Fi, and solid call clarity... I've actually owned two... at $25, its a nice compromise for a teen against the NEED for a smartphone. We used to get compliments everywhere for our "baseball" phone.