Own a Nokia Lumia phone in Poland ? Your taxi ride is on Nokia
If you follow all of the rules, all you need to do is show the cab driver your Nokia Lumia phone and the fare is covered by the Finnish handset manufacturer. It's too bad that Nokia doesn't expand this promotion to, say, New York City but that might end up costing Nokia a lot more than the promotion is worth.
source: Reddit via WMPoweruser
5. Naruto_Uzumaki (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
this is a good idea for Attracting new customers
7. Bernoulli (Posts: 2417; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
That's pretty good! Very nice, but wouldn't this hurt Nokia? A thousand people a day ride it, lets imagine, that's about 3,000€ a day, dunno but I hope they know what they're doing
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 2974; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They're obviously reaching for sales, and Nokia hasn't known what they were doing since going with WP exclusively. But seriously though...how many people in Poland own a WP that use a taxi as their sole means of transportation? Will this (and their awesome camera) be enough to make people switch to WP?
19. Muzhhur (Posts: 257; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Good News, but I'm in Mexico and there's no need to take a taxi, can they pay my gas?
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5537; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is nice. They definitely need to bring this promotion to the US.
22. Penny (Posts: 1444; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Dear PhoneArena, you've got some sort of out of control infestation of trolls, haters, and fanboys on this site. Your master plan to get more hits is working a little too well. Is it now time to take the next step of converting these readers into fans of quality reporting and editorials?
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia! Why only in Poland?! Why not globally?
38. mousesports (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Is in Romania to . I have here 4 companys of this services . For shure is global , just give a search on market
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey Alan F what happened to my post and others that posted.....?
Alan F has deleted our posts©
42. Penny (Posts: 1444; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
It should be our responsibility as participants of open discussion here on PhoneArena to be respectful of others and open to reasonable discussion. Let's just take it for what it is and understand that the mods are trying to tell us to be more mindful of our interactions with others on the site, myself included. Our message thread wasn't very productive anyway, so I can't blame them.