Over 21,000 people want Microsoft to keep Cortana, Windows Phone's upcoming virtual assistant
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2013, 03:43 posted on
Last week, we reported a curious incident including a Lumia 920 switching hands through eBay...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1029; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
"CORTANA" sounds cool... Wonder how it'll perform against Google Now and Apple's Siri since MS promised to deliver a close to prefect experience.
good hear WP improving...
13. T00muchF00D (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
well it will AT LEAST work as well as siri. Siri is powered by Microsoft Azure and her searches are done through Bing. Cortana will be using the same resources as Siri
16. wilsong17 (Posts: 1095; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
my next question is can we android user change google now voice and replace with something else
19. kozza3 (Posts: 575; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
eeeeoooooooowwoww this sounds like a fun project!
2. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Hell I want it too. If they can integrate it into Xbox, Win 8, WP8, you name it.
4. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
If it only works like Siri, then it's doomed for failure. However, if it adds "smart" features like Google Now, it could actually be a worthy contender.
5. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Actually Chris Microsoft doesn't need to pay royalties for Cortana. Bungie left Microsoft, but Microsoft retained all rights to the Halo IP. Thats why their in house studio (made of former bungie employees) 343 studios has been making halo since halo reach. Master chief, Cortana, and all else belongs to Microsoft. Which is also why halo 4 was still am Xbox exclusive
7. Chris.P (Posts: 309; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Noted, was not aware of that particular bit, though I know of the deal.
6. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I can imagine the next surface commercial. Siri starts talking and Cortana just tells her to shut up
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
and when siri shuts up,google now starts flirting with cortana...
10. volcano (Posts: 267; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i hope they listen its great idea to have cortana as assistant
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes 'Cortana' sounds pretty cool. I want the same name too. Cortana looks pretty sexy though.
14. tigermcm (Posts: 752; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
That would be an extremely dumb idea android has google now ms would might as well shut down wp if they port that over
20. sprockkets (Posts: 1365; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
MS already made their bing, email, and now office and xbox music available for ios and android. They probably figured they will make much more with those platforms than they ever will with their lousy wp.
15. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
At least we know what Cortana looks like, when people 'talk' to her they can have a visual image in their heads.
Siri is a faceless entity.
18. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
That was only appealing to me if they kept the name and used the original voice actor. Otherwise it's no different than Google Now or Siri IMO.
23. tomakali (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
GDR3 updates are really awesome...
We know windows 8 cannot win.
Windows 9 Can!
My Personal Marketing strategy for Microsoft would be...
1.To create HALO movie series [using all future-tech MS technology, Cortana, 3D immersive techs, etc] excite the whole world to own a Halo Communicator Device[NextGen Modular Lumia Handsets]
2.Provide Free upgrade to all XP users with 12month Windows 8 Trial.
3.Give WP OS free license to OEMs for under $100 handsets.
4.Give WP OS free license to OEMs for non-smartphone devices[watches, TVs etc] later license it for cost W10 after getting marketshare
5.Buy DELL,Blackberry and Merge as DellBerry for Enterprise consumers
6.Openup Bing ads for Indian Advertisers/Publishers
7.Tieup with Indian/all country Postal/Logistic companies to replace old PINCode system with bing GeoCode location services
8.Free WP8 device for any microsoft offers [Certification, Seminar, new purchases, renewals, upgrades etc]
9.Hire all the adspots on public transports for a Year and run offers there[extremely effective]
Spoil the world with offers... Not just in US.
Leave the Marketing to Nokia-esque approach...