Original Apple I computer gets $630,000 at auction
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Dec 2012, 00:50
Fetching more than double what was expected, an Apple I computer was sold through Auction Team Breker in Germany...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PhenomFaz posted on 14 Dec 2012, 00:56 2 0
just goes to show after all advancements in tech and science humanity has accomplished....there are a still a few exceptions of nature out there!
this guy was really high :)
3. tiara6918 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 00:59 6 1
$630,000?! That guy could have bought tons of the new mac instead of this garbage
4. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 14 Dec 2012, 01:31 3 3
You can take my house key :)
5. Lawliet posted on 14 Dec 2012, 01:38 2 0
Guys, keep your current whatever Apple product you have, because in years time, when you need money, you can sell it for this much.
10. Topcat488 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 02:10 0 0
If it wasn't for Steve Wozniak, their wouldn't be Apple... Notice how in the graphics demo, whose picture came up first "1st". Nobody but the" Woz", da MAN!!! But at $666. back in 1976, shows how consistently high the price has been at Apple. 666 'o,o' the devil.
11. Maxwell.R posted on 14 Dec 2012, 02:23 1 0
Thanks, must have been thinking "Woz" when writing his first name. ;-)
15. eisenbricher posted on 14 Dec 2012, 05:51 0 0
One thing I love PA for is, humor. Articles are neither dull, nor too funny. Just the right sprinkled humor. Yeah but can't say this applies for all the editors.
7. groupsacc posted on 14 Dec 2012, 02:03 0 0
I thought the original Apple computer was cased inside wooden chassis.
17. DetroitTech posted on 14 Dec 2012, 08:17 0 0
Not even close since millions of people adopted it. This is a classic collectors item as it was VERY niche. Nobody was into computers when this was released whereas everyone was into smartphones when the G1 was. There were MANY before it. Doesn't matter it was the first Android phone the same principles don't apply there. People spend ridiculous amounts of money for paintings that hang on a wall to be admired. This will share the same future. As it should. It wasn't the first computer by any means but one of in not the first personal computer packed in such a manner that still gets shipped today. Monitor, PC, input devices...
Not really sure what the first smartphone is considered...
12. phil2n posted on 14 Dec 2012, 02:24 0 0
Typo error... its Steve Wozniak.
Don't try to murder his name
18. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 10:47 0 0
Who ever purchase this is a idiot and would go broke after spending half of a million dollars cause all u have is a paper weight and a computer made from wood that could easily burn on fire and now u take it apart?
19. cripton805 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:37 0 0
My teached had an Apple computer from the early 80's. Obviously a newer version. She couldn't use a newer computer and yet I couldn't figure out how to use hers! lmao
20. Rayvelynn posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:15 0 0
Yo what's up with all the 6's in the price tag? =0\