Orange Santa Clara release date set for May 31st: the second phone with Intel inside
0. phoneArena 29 May 2012, 07:09 posted on
Up until a month ago, all smartphones were built using ARM’s architectural design, while Intel’s processors were a reserved territory for desktop and notebook computers…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, why the heck is it releasing with gingerbread? I wonder if they are having problems with GPU acceleration with ICS since its not ARM? There has got to be a reason.
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It has to be the GPU acceleration as you said, or just a compatibility problem in general. or ICS may stress the processor to the point of even crappier battery life.
9. dvmoo7 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 May 2012)
"For now the phone runs Android 2.3, but an upgrade to Android 4.0 is on the way."
10. dvmoo7 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 May 2012)
ICS was optimized for x86 from right from the get go. So all the benchies should be even better on ICS...
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Dude Jellybean 4.1 won't release until either A)the nexus tablet releases or B)october/november as normal
6. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Now I was just joking, took it too seriously?