Oracle shows off designs of a 2006 "Google Phone" in court
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2012, 14:42 posted on
The evidence shown off in court today as part of Oracle's case against Google was pretty surprising: renders from 2006 of the original "Google Phone", and what Google thought a smartphone could be. Not surprisingly, it looked...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
zomg.. its amazing to think how not so long ago 200mhz was decent amount of phone power
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is the best that Oracle can come up with? Google should be spanked for thinking about releasing a handset that they never released?
22. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I'm sad with what's happening to Oracle. Their starting to look like iOracle.
2. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
"we were a bit surprised to hear that the images were coming out for Oracle's case..."
Michael, you may be surprised but for the rest of us, we know any good lawyer worth his salt will try to prove to the court that Google is duplicitious.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
thanks for missing the joke by cutting off the quotation...
5. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Oh we're going on a first name basis already? And here I was calling him Mr.H. So embarrassing.
24. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
You think so? I think it's ugly as sin.
7. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The look kind of reminds me of the Facebook phone...
and what does a concept design have to do with anything? I would think the final design would be more likely to be some sort of backup to their accusations.
10. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
People will see this and start all kinds of crap about Google copying Rim. They also forget Palm had a touchscreen and keyboard well before Android and IPhone. But when people bring up the LG Prada and 1st IPhone, they get offended and say how much of a POS the Prada was. BUT LG Prada was hit the market before the iphone. If it wasn't a problem then why Apple get sued by LG? Hey here's what I say, LG prada came 1st, iPhone made it better with IOS. Google brings Android, makes it better for the users to customize how their phone looks and acts. Nothing wrong with taking a idea and making it better, unless your name is Apple of course. Then its just stealing.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
a bank robber talking about stealing.. hmmmm
13. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Aww is that ALL YOU HAVE to say????? Did I hit the nail on the head?? Your picture fits you well, just a chicken s**t taker behind a keyboard. You know nothing about why I choose my name and you think I rob banks at gun point. You just prove how uneducated you are.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Bankrobber bro take it easy coool.... you hit gallitoking in his nerve!
23. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I think gallitoking is probably being facetious...
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
No need to go there pal. It's provocative
20. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Dont you go mentioning the Prada!! It gets iPhone and Apple fanboys out of whack...
Whats wrong with you!!!
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Prada had none of Apple's innovations. You guys don't get it. It's the iPhones user interface that is unique, game changing and innovative.
You're right android took what Apple came up with and added their own twists, like widgets, notification bar etc. however the core of android is all stolen from Apple. Apple is the true innovator while everyone else copies.
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Is there such thing as honor among thieves???
19. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I love seeing early prototypes of devices from companies. This does not look too bad if it would have been released in 2007.. wonder if they had released a Google phone in 07, would it have been able to fully compete with the iPhone?
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android fans how can you keep denying android copied Apple. The original android phone wasn't even going to have a touch interface, let alone any of Apple's innovative touch gestures.
We have pictures of android phones looking like blackberries, we have android developers coming out and admitting that after the iPhone came out android changed coursed to have the look and feel of the iPhone.
How much more proof do you need?