Oracle ordered to pay Google $1.1 million for legal fees
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 15:09 posted on
Lawsuits are ugly business, and if you lose a lawsuit, it gets far uglier. Oracle lost its case against Google earlier this year, and that means that not only does Oracle not get the damages asked for in the trial, but Oracle also has to help pay for Google's legal fees...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I imagine Larry would rather drink a glass of rat poison than sign the check to Google.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And the final face slap to add to the original injury. Glad to see Oracle has to pony up money for the trouble they caused Google.
3. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yep. I can't wait to see this happen to Apple.
4. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 257; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Google spends $4 million defending itself from this overreaching crock of a lawsuit, and get stiffed for about 75% of the bill? That's what I'd call harsh. Oracle got off too easy on this one.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Don't forget that Larry was demanding $1 B for damages. $3 M is more in line with cost of doing business.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 3980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I still have faith in fair and justice outcomes in patent cases.
Good luck to Google and everybody else involved in the Paul Allen patent case....that one might be a doozy. Good luck to everyone except Apple....lol.