Oracle ordered to pay Google $1.1 million for legal fees
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:09
Lawsuits are ugly business, and if you lose a lawsuit, it gets far uglier. Oracle lost its case against Google earlier this year, and that means that not only does Oracle not get the damages asked for in the trial, but Oracle also has to help pay for Google's legal fees...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:15 11 0
I imagine Larry would rather drink a glass of rat poison than sign the check to Google.
2. Sniggly posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:20 13 0
And the final face slap to add to the original injury. Glad to see Oracle has to pony up money for the trouble they caused Google.
3. Non_Sequitur posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:21 15 0
Yep. I can't wait to see this happen to Apple.
4. NexusKoolaid posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:22 12 0
Google spends $4 million defending itself from this overreaching crock of a lawsuit, and get stiffed for about 75% of the bill? That's what I'd call harsh. Oracle got off too easy on this one.
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:45 2 0
Don't forget that Larry was demanding $1 B for damages. $3 M is more in line with cost of doing business.
8. jroc74 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 20:01 0 0
I still have faith in fair and justice outcomes in patent cases.
Good luck to Google and everybody else involved in the Paul Allen patent case....that one might be a doozy. Good luck to everyone except Apple....lol.