Oracle ordered to pay Google $1.1 million for legal fees
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I imagine Larry would rather drink a glass of rat poison than sign the check to Google.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And the final face slap to add to the original injury. Glad to see Oracle has to pony up money for the trouble they caused Google.
3. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yep. I can't wait to see this happen to Apple.
4. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Google spends $4 million defending itself from this overreaching crock of a lawsuit, and get stiffed for about 75% of the bill? That's what I'd call harsh. Oracle got off too easy on this one.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Don't forget that Larry was demanding $1 B for damages. $3 M is more in line with cost of doing business.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I still have faith in fair and justice outcomes in patent cases.
Good luck to Google and everybody else involved in the Paul Allen patent case....that one might be a doozy. Good luck to everyone except Apple....lol.