Optimus G2 in Q3 will be 'something unique' says LG, rumor hints at keys on the back and super thin frame
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2013, 03:07 posted on
If the latest rumors are any indication, the Optimus G2 will be so thin that there just won't be enough of a space to comfortably situate a key on the sides. Does it mean also that LG is going to equip the LG with one of its flexible displays the Korean media hinted it will put in devices before Samsung does? We don't know, but all of a sudden the G2 became a pretty intriguing handset to look forward to if the rumor holds water.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
That could be S4 killer. All they need is advertisement and new UI :)
Good Luck! No offence guys.
3. thunderising (Posts: 227; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Refreshed UI. Yep. They've got literally everything else now! (including the new Value Pack for G Pro)
11. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
every year same words :)
killer killer bla bla :)
where is optimus g who is iphone and galaxy killer ? :D naah
21. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Now this is offensive.
13. asingha94 (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Lg optimus ui is far better than touchwiz....their devices are also better than samsung...just they are lack of proper update & marketing..though they are changing themselves nowadays....!!
2. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
On Paper it's looks promising :) The thing I Don't like abt LG is it's Logo they have to change that too...
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There's nothing wrong with LG's logo! :)
14. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
it's my personal preference......something new....and same for the samsung they should have a premium or different logo for their top smartphone :)
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh I see........how about a silver LG logo? I hope that the Optimus G2 will have that! :)
16. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
what i want to see with the top smartphones.....is a totally different design and logo...ya that's good but i don't like alphabets in that (LG logo)....companies should have a Design only meant for there best offerings.....am a samsung fan but what i don't like abt them now is that u cannot tell difference in there flagship phones and there lower and middle end phones :)
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Totally different design - CHECK!
The logo? In my opinion, if LG get rid of the the alphabets (LG), trust me, the phone looks even ugly!
20. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
U missunderstood me am saying that every manufacture having Flagship device develop a Unique Logo which represent it's a Flagship from that manufacture
4. aries.phills (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Seriously, I think LG is on the right track. Following Samsung's footsteps. Samsung copied from the best and now they are the best. LG is doing the same and they might end up as a serious contender for the title "BEST".
23. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Excuse me. Lg is copying Samsung? Thatsa nice joke.
Please read some articles and get some news before posting such comments. Why people don't want to give the credit to the innovator?
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Does this mean a true edge to edge display if buttons and volume rocker are placed on the back, meaning no bezel front, bottom or side and a bit of a curved screen. Also worth noting, the Snapdragon 800 is clocked at 2.3 GHZ for the G2. I see LG are going by a reverse Samsung strategy, 2 flagships a year, only the phablet (G Pro) comes first and the normal sized flagship comes the second half. Android 5.0 should be minimum and not 4.2.
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
May be a promising device if software customizations are done properly. And may be LG should start using aluminium now.
7. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
may be GNote 3 ripoff this time lol...:-)
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hmm.....interesting! Looks promising! :)
Good luck LG!
12. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
what a perfect timing from LG :))))))))))
22. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Both of you deserve dislikes.
19. app_droid_soft (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
it could become the nexus 5 after some design changes :)