Optical Image Stabilization coming to the rear camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
0. phoneArena 27 May 2013, 16:11 posted on
We've shown you a video showing off the Optical Image Stabilization technology on the Nokia Lumia 928; the clip displayed a video taken by the phone while it was attached to a remote control copter. Instead of jumping all over the place, you would have thought that the smooth video was filmed using a tripod...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
55. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
watch your tone, kid. Such words can cost you much. You're not Anonymous on the internet.
139. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And a disgrace to society and humans. ™
57. Topcat488 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Look at "SAMSUNG"... Always listening to their customers...
Where's "NOKIA"... Bankrupt...
60. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
samsung listening to customers...???? biggets joke of the year...you must be 15 and just received your first phone. probably some cheap samsung with android 2.2
Last time I checked Nokia was doing quite fine.
82. maccess (Posts: 694; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
at least samsung still give me removable battery and sd card slot.. and don't forget they always the fastest when it comes to android firmware update.. what else do you want?? body made from stainles steel?? lol.. i'm fine with polycarbonate plastic.. the joke is on you i think..
131. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
where did I say I was against polycarbonate??? U blind?
83. Topcat488 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Truth hurts sometimes, don't get mad bro. Things will pick up once Nokia get smart and go Android or Tizen... :(
114. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Jackhammer do the world a favor and shut up with telling your incompetent BS. Samsung copied from apple....hahaha good one! So mate stop trolling people and gtfo if you've got nothing better to say!
132. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
luckily, sh%^ like you, yoo don't deserve to be called a "human", doesn't have neither right nor competency to shut me up.
It's is my opinion and you can do nothing.
In fact, if you weren't a 15 year-old weepy kid you would know remember how it all has started back in 2007 and who copied who.
Samsung based on similartities and thanks to them gained much more attention.
You're justy another sammysh%^p, just like appleIdio%^s back in the days.
68. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
So Samsung is adding "2012 specs" to their new "tablet" xd how funny haterzzzzz !!!!
Loving my OIS and super sensitive screen technology on my Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan.
76. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Can tell the same about the new lumia 925/928 cpu, gpu and screen resolution. "2012 specs" on 2013 flagships.. =]
81. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
No difference between 768 x 1080 on smaller screen devices and no need to have the same GPU and CPU as the SGS4 as WP8 don't need so much overpower.
Do you really think that matters to a normal consumer?
They won't even notice, but when the SGN3 comes, believe me many people will say, "Ohh OIS on my new phablet, my friends Nokia got that already in the previous year".
You are such a Fanboy but i'll still give you a +1 becouse i love haterz.
87. Oxygen (Posts: 82; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Clicking on a samsung articles, leaving trolling comments and calling others 'haters' for bringing relevent arguments.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be the hater here.
88. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I'm not hating Samsung, in fact i'm gonna buy a Samsung device this week, did i corrected you?
+1 for you ;).
89. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Normal consumers don't care about OIS also. Most of them don't even know what OIS is.. But they certainly care about the resolution of the screen of their smartphone though, and the gaming perfomance too!
So you came on a Samsung article to troll and yet, according to you, I'm the hater here? LMAO! Nokia fanboys sure are big fat hypocrites!
92. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
You know that it's confusing for consumers to know the difference between FHD and HD.
They would think that is the same, they don't follow the latest news every day like we do, think about that please...
& about OIS, Nokia promotes all of their Camera features.
Consumers would notice that much more easyer than the difference between FHD and HD, people are no eagles.
95. Jason2k13 (Posts: 746; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
lol do normal consumers even know what OIS is? or even know what sensors nokia uses?
Heck alot of them havn't even heard of the nokia pureview 808.
102. Klevis88 (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 May 2013)
It is not about knowing the technicalities. The difference is that OIS has obvious benefits that can be experienced without knowing its name. The video is smooth, the photos have no blur, low-light photos are good. 1080p VS 720p in a smartphone is just a number on a spec-sheet and the costumer doesn't see a big difference.
112. sniperdroid (Posts: 144; Member since: 23 May 2013)
LOL! I like how guys take this stuff seriously, so passionate about OIS. Personally I think it's good for competition plus, the fact that they've said it so openly means they're going to go about it the right way. No one ever goes "I'm going to steal your car sometime next week, where I will hold a large event to show it off." I'm just saying ;)
125. taikucing (unregistered)
hahahaha.... I think you are worry too much if samsung copy it & make it better.
2. papss (unregistered)
It will be revolutionary!!!! says SS fanboys... Plastic Frisbees for everyone!
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
and then they said, "Nokia is copying us"
1. Super sensitive touch - Lumia 920
2. OIS - Lumia 920
3. Wireless charging - Lumia 920
96. Jason2k13 (Posts: 746; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
why does nokia have HD screen and dual core?
why does nokia have an mp3 player?
why are they planing to make a phablet?
i thought only samsung copies o.O
103. Klevis88 (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 May 2013)
There is a difference in copying the blueprint of a highly advanced weapon and copying something entirely obvious like the form of a chair to make a chair of your own. You guys have become like the Apple crowd that claims a rectangle with round corners is worthy of a patent. Dual core, mp3 player, HD screen, big rectangles (phablets)? Really? Those things are just imports from the PC industry to the mobile phones. There is nothing new there.
115. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Just stfu dude and stop going on a article which obviously everyone hates you on!
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nopes, you're the one saying it'll be revolutionary.
Funny how you seem more obssessed by Samsung than nokia. Perhaps, there's really only a thin line between love and hate.
69. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Perhaps, there's really only a thin line between innovation and copycat.
77. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Like action shot, right?
128. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Like Super sensitive touch, right?
Like OIS, right?
Like Wireless charging, right?
140. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
End of the day, Nokia is dead in peoples heart!
So much jealousy, and hate and anger. We understand Nokia is not doing nor selling well, so you guys are on rampage, well tough. MS is funding a living dead brand Nokia which they don't even have there own Head-Quarters. Pathetic.
141. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Better than you're last years cave spec.
2013 device with 2012 spec, Nokia are very well known using old inexpensive outdated scrap.®
145. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
That moment when a device with 2012 spec beats 2013 devices in smoothness and runs more fluently than all.
8. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
samsung copying as always but when they will be ready, Nokia will present something new. Circle ends.
10. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
lol illiterate nokia trolls go get a life
33. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
watch out we got a bad ass over here
43. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you're talking to me, kiddo?
go back to your mommy's dress.
46. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
SAMSUNG fans are coming
63. SleepingOz (unregistered)
with facts! =]
65. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
you mean with plastics
70. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Funny how hypocritical nokia fanboys bashed Samsung for using plastic and praise nokia for doing the same.
72. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
HTC is also using the plastic. Motorola, Sony and LG too.
I do not care about that.
But please look at that hyper glazed glossy plastic. That really look cheap.
All of the Sony smartphones and Lumia line up looks stylish.
Thats the point.
86. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Samsung phones feels cheap !
The polycarbonat on my Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan feels almost like a diamond ...
133. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
there's a difference between polyc. used by Nokia and that used by samsung. Don't you see it?
136. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
I am telling you again. Samsung fans are blind
142. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well begging others and having no resources.
11. papss (unregistered)
Lazy companies produce pathetic fanboys who love their Frisbees
85. maccess (Posts: 694; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
you got your period kid?? is there anything wrong to put OIS in a smartphone's camera??
91. SleepingOz (unregistered)
12. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
samsung r&d department is more like an espionage center.
distorted innovation, that's all.
13. galanoth (Posts: 380; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Why does everything have to be copycat and not just evolution.
So Samsung is trying to add things to their camera to make a better experience for their users.
Just because another company has done it before no one else can do something like it?
Samsung made a 4.5 inch device before Nokia.
Does that mean the Lumia 925 is copying Samsung for screen size?
21. user996 (Posts: 205; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
no one says that nokia copied from samsung because nokia buys those amoled displays from samsung and adding CBD(clear black) to it. those screens become best
37. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Come on at least making device of same size is not a copycat thingy.
104. Klevis88 (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The ironic thing is that the Samsung fans were so angry when the court decided that a rectangle with round corners and a physical button is patentable but now all of a sudden numbers (4.5 inch) are patentable innovation from Samsung.
48. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it's wrong because samsung fanboys will cry out loud how great ois on samsung is whereas when Nokia did it it's a gimmick.
It's your, fanboys' attitude that makes it so frustrating.
Everytime Nokia presents something new in photography department, trolls are saying that's it's a gimmick, nobody needs such technology, buy a stand alone camera instead of a smartphone with a great camera. That kind of crap. When samsung will unveil a copied idea, an endless splendor will come upon them, even though they've innovated it not. But it's samsung, a new apple-ish cult.
66. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
LG patents Smartpause before Samsung. Now see who is copying.