Oprah endorses Microsoft's Surface with a tweet sent from... an iPad
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2012, 04:37 posted on
The new Windows 8 and its phone counter-part Windows Phone 8 along with the flagship devices like the Microsoft Surface clearly rely a lot on celebrity endorsement…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd (Posts: 1024; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
because the surface might have a steep learning curve she won't have much time to master the gestures.
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, what she means is she bought the Surface b-c she has used the iPad and knows how bad it is.
But she'll use the Surface as gift only all 12 of them, and she will buy herself a Nexus 10.
19. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
all of a sudden you manage to insert nexus in this kind of talk. Wow, gotta admire you dude. You're so lost in your very own world.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 15161; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He does that n every article. It could b about tennis balls, and he'd insert nexus. He forgot people have the same choices he does, and not everyone wants a nexus.
31. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
It's actually quite simple and I don't understand why people can't infer the obvious meaning of her action .....
Oprah simply did a "show and tell" for her disciples: "My dear followers, I am replacing my limited usefulness iPad and here I introduce to the World the tablet that I am replacing it with; join me in replacing Apple."
52. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
nahh.... she f**ked up... its that simple..
5. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Learning to use w8 in general is that hard? Wonder how people going to survive Dec 2012?
34. gothicheart (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
you're right, it may be hard. or she probably asked her grandmother to tweet for her...
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
She's like voting for Romney sitting beside Obama!!
12. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
clowns voting for clowns, the orator vs the Mormon. So many smart, good, people out there yet there's only these two. Why? People why? Why haven't you learned your lesson.
30. true1984 (Posts: 686; Member since: 23 May 2012)
actually there were 21, not 2. the media never made this known since GE owns msnbc(the GE president is the current job Czar) and we all should know about fox and CNN. But i digress, anyone who get windows 8 is insane. It's like it was nerfed. Vista and 7 were already bad but this is taking it to another level.
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude!!! Who says Windows 7 is bad??? I think you don't know the meaning of improvements!!
41. true1984 (Posts: 686; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Windows 7 is way too heavy on resources. Yes it was a big improvement over Vista, which was extremely resource heavy but it it's still pretty bad if you dont turn off the aero. Sorry but to me XP was the best they did.
21. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
windows 8 doesn't have twitter client yet.
24. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sure it does. It's called twitter.com on IE10. Because the website lets you do most (if not all) the things the BASIC apps let you do!
40. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
yeah. i must say its a much better experience on an app than on a website for most people. since i have got an ipad, i have never thought of twitter.com, not even on my pc. i simply use the app.
53. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
There are like 4 Twitter apps in the marketplace. All very good.
28. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
And just think, Microsoft only had the three years or so it's been working on the Surface RT to plan it!?
43. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1151; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
or it just goes to show the pea brain IQ of celebs!
2. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Who listen to the woman that fell out of touch with her people and where she comes from.....what's next bin laden supports Microsoft surface
4. tigermcm (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
she may not be a techie but she has herds of people that will follow her every move. If she says surface is the best thing since sliced bread oh you best believe MS would be out of Surface for a month or 2
26. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Her "endorsement" is probably the only reason people willingly bought Pontiac G6 cars. What a total pile of junk it turned out to be. Hopefully she knows tech better than cars, as she's recently been endorsing the VW Beetle
6. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Just like that celebrity (don't remember who) promoting Samsung Galaxy line in summer this year at Olympics - by taking pictures with her iPhone on the side.
This is obviously an epidemic and shows how powerful Apple truly is.
9. angelesmec (unregistered)
18. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What was so confusing in the fact that Apple is so much in the genes of our culture that their devices pop out everywhere even if it's about promoting the competition?
Of course Apple doesn't need marketing at all, everybody is doing it for them for free, even the competiton.
23. tigermcm (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
Oprah isnt competition she used a product from the competition so you saying the competition is used to promote the products is like saying MS did there presentations for the surface on macbooks and ipads
47. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
She represents competiton. They pay milions to have Oprah represent them, and they still fail.
27. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Samsung gave out a lot of GS3s to the athletes at the olympics, and a lot of folks kept their owned devices as they were used to them. It isn't like they signed an exclusivity deal with them. There was also an athlete using an ipad as a camera while walking, so obviously not the best people to talk to about tech. Anything for publicity.
46. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Actually, Samsung, as a golden sponsor of London Olympics, tried to condition that everyone on air on Olympics show only their Samsung devices. Samsung gave thousands of Galaxy Note devices to everyone involved in organization of Olympics, to all celebrities and all sportsmen, and gave out the order to show only Galaxy Note on promotions. This failed numerous times, as celebrities were still using their iPhones and iPads. Even in first opening ceremony with USA team, Tyson gay took pictures with his iPhone in front of official cameras, and then Kate Upton showed Up on Samsungs promotion with her iPhone.
They are paid to show Samsung, yet they fail to do that, just like Oprah, because Apple devices are important part of their lives, it like asking to hide your right hand in front of cameras if you are sponsor of technology for left-handed.
29. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Don't worry, by the time you remember [that] celebrity's name Apple will be DEAD!!
45. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Oh yeah, it was Kate Upton. Apple still not dead.
7. android_hitman (unregistered)
13. gothicheart (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
it's just like Siri, saying that the Lumia is the best smartphone... :)
15. mrllano (Posts: 91; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Maybe because there's no official app from twitter yet.. Hahaha
20. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
dumb like samsung did.http://www.nobodygoeshere.com/
22. medicci37 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
It's sad that so many dumb ass people care what Oprah thinks. She is about as out of touch as you can get, with real people. The queen probably uses her tab more thsn Oprah
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
sure mate the queen uses her tab, please the queen doesnt need a tab like she doesnt need a phone.
your saying this because of that article with the samsung tab
Oprah uses tabs and tech more then the queen
and you calling anyone that listens to her dumb, well you believe the queen uses a tab so whos really stupid
33. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
G0d@mn! Thats almost a yearly income for an average worker!
36. dorianb (Posts: 539; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Only 12??? What happen to one for every twitter follower? Gotta follow up that "free" car fiasco O.
38. pongkie (Posts: 510; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
lol nice.. was it nicki minaj did the same thing to WP7 using a black berry
42. downphoenix (Posts: 2732; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
This is a fail.
The very least the person who tweeted this for oprah could have done is used the mobile twitter website instead of the twitter app, LOL.
44. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
That picture of Oprah next to a Surface is Hilarious!
48. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Only celebrities uses ipads and iphones. but its good she takes a interest on the SURFACE
49. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its just that, its really hard to understand the gestures of windows 8!
it looks amazing as iPad coz of its premium bodies (aluminum and magnesium vs plastics? which one you'll choose?) but the gestures are annoying.... but we can learn....
but still hoping that microsoft will not competely implement the metro UI on all device! coz doing the same gestures on mouse is super duper annoying!
51. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Just downloaded Windows 8 on my PC...so far so good. It's taking some getting used to w/the tiles but the overall experience seems to be a lot smoother than previous versions. The gestures using a mouse are fine...it's like a smart phone on your PC screen. The biggest improvement is w/Internet Explorer not being so sluggish. It's more-so getting used to how everything is moved around & categorized.