Oprah adds the Microsoft Surface RT to her "Favorite Things 2012" list
Actually, besides the Surface, we only found one other gadget - the $4999 Bose VideoWave HDTV, home theater and music system. So, how did the Surface RT grab Oprah's attention? Apparently, she liked how well-made the tablet was, saying that it feels like a Mercedes-Benz. The TouchCover and kickstand are also highly valued by the influential talk-show host, who praises the Surface's usefulness for both work and play.
Here's the full description of the $499 tablet as found on Oprah's website:
Take One Tablet and Call Me in the Morning
"The Surface, Microsoft's first tablet, feels like a Mercedes-Benz to me, people! The full-size keyboard built right into the cover makes work easy, the very smart kickstand makes watching a movie or Skyping a friend a delight, the less than a pound-and-a-half weight makes a great alternative to a laptop, and the many other features make it fun for work and play. Now, that's a wowser!"—Oprah
source: Oprah via WMPoweruser
1. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
So would she be distributing Surface Tablets now?? :D
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
im pretty sure she will... wow i really want to go to her show!! and to her network!!! i want one!! and im pretty sure she'll give more than a surface RT!
18. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
She had. Now she left the sheeps and joined the lions
24. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
And she got bored with it and bought the Surface...
25. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
And now it's just a real expensive paper weight on her desk... Haha
3. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i think oprah also knows what is a real tablet compared to a toy. I mean iToy
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Windows RT in compare to Android is as well mToy :)
4. rassouli5 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Oprah has a good taste in choosing the right device... Microsft is iTerminator. Microsoft Surface killed iPad as Microsoft Killed Apple... WELLDONE STEVE BALLMER. You're my HERO after BILL GATES...
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
you will see poor sales of Windows RT, enjoy :)
9. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nothing is going to kill iPad...Surface is certainly better tab...much better actually...but it won't attract many people...for some...iPad name is everything!
30. KFear (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Very True. It will be years before anything beats it. Microsoft has a good start and Android has had amazing tablets as well. Sadly, there is currently a "hip" generation that needs to have Apple products to help define them, especially the Ipad. Adults see this, and they see the Ipad is "keeping up with the trend", and try hard to find it's place into their everyday lives. It is just that, a trend. The Ipads will not be #1 in a few years. We will probably have something COMPLETELY different. You'll buy it too...because it's trendy...but in a way that the Ipad was not....
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 1494; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
The surface just doesn't have a big enough resolution for me. Less than 150ppi is a bit disappointing.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Its not 300ppi display...but offers usable pixel density...also MS has used Tegra3(1.3 ghz)...it doesn't have enough grunt to drive high resolution display...
16. nobelset (Posts: 260; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
She's a million times richer than you. Go kill yourself.
19. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Well then you don't know who I am.
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Hahahaha are you secretley steve jobs returned? or batman? LOL
23. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
You won't be on here if you are as rich as Oprah troll! LMFAO
21. cdgoin (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Does anyone pay attention to her anymore since she quit her show.. and her network has bombed.
27. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
That's a very young Oprah picture. You don't use recent photos?
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
At least she didn't say anything bout the iPad. just wondering what kind of computer she owns and I'm sure she have a iphone just like all celebrities