Oppo to join the Windows Phone family
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 09:51 posted on
Well, it took a little longer than we would've liked, but the first signs that Oppo is serious on following through on its Windows Phone ambition have finally materialized into something a tad more official, compared to the leaky nature of how we usually come across such information – Oppo's Social Marketing Director, Li Ming, has posted several mock-ups of the Oppo Find 5 running Windows Phone on Sina Weibo (the Chinese Twitter equivalent), and for what it counts, we think it looks absolutely delicious...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even Oppo is joining the Windows Phone family! Sony, Y U NO JOIN WINDOWS PHONE?
By the way, that phone looks damn nice!
5. MrKoles (Posts: 349; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Sony (Playstation) --- Microsoft (Xbox) ... neverending fight
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha yeah, I almost forgot about it! :)
9. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
But let's not forget that Microsoft and Sony do a GREAT job on tablets and laptops. If Sony produced Windows Phone devices, it would be my first choice!
But Playstation RULES!!! :D
15. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Because WP8 has only a 3% marketshare most companies/app makers are ignoring it. The reason they are ignoring it is because they will make much more $ focusing their resources on Android/IOS apps and Android based phones.
16. GTR722 (Posts: 252; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Fight ?? massacre maybe...PS2 killed the Xbox....PS3 at the end killed the 360...and the PS4 will destroy the One xD
27. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Google (Android) --- Microsoft (Windowsphone) ... neverending fight too.
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Dang, that looks nice!
3. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That phone looking better with Windows phone.
4. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
@xperiadroid because Sony =playstation. And WP has Xbox live.
12. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
So does Windows 8... and Sony makes W8 laptops
10. Veigald (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Nice looking phone. Nokia could get some design competition from these guys.
11. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Excellent addition to the Windows Phone family, their Android phones are top notch.
13. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I hope that Oppo finds their way to the U.S. love there phone designs.
17. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The international version of the Oppo Find works on Tmobiles 4g.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This won't sell well: cause consumers all over the world think that only Nokia sells WP.
This will be great news if the public only buys Nokia Wp, and no other.
Phone makers and Oems should all consentrate on " The one and only Android™ "
Leave WP to Nokia! And who buys WP nowadays....!
18. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What can a WP8 phone do that an Android phone can't is the real question.
21. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
you're right, leave wp to nokia, unless you make quality hardware. But if you're a cheap Chinese oem cmpany, go for android, it's free, and cheap...the "one and only android", the only only one with lags and bugs, sometimes even explodes n your pants...
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well it's way much better than having no apps and games and very late updates. Lag very rarely can be considered. But Jellybean doez not lag.
My NokiaWp8 has hardly any apps and games, nor Root, no Roms, no Jailbreak! This is way much worser than iOs....
Even iOs and Android is much better.
WP8 Really. S U C K S ®
23. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Trolling again, Games for WP8 is optimize so it will not lag yeah it will lag only on HD games if WP store have HD games.
24. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Saying that Android doesn't lag even with 4.xx and a quad core processor is naïve..
26. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nexus 4, galaxy s4 and HTC One running pure android do not lag unless you install bloatware. Ever.
Nexus 4 is the best bang for buck especially if your going to install a custom rom on it.
19. Dastrix (unregistered)
Yaya! Good news! Bring it on Oppo!
20. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Yes I agree, that is a delicious looking phone...