Oppo launches smartphone with the option to run stock Android
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 10:28 posted on
One of the top requests from Android power-users is for manufacturers to give the option to turn off any custom skin that has been put on the Android software and run pure stock Android. That's why the recent Google Edition devices have been so positively received: you can get the hardware you want, without the software you don't. Well, it looks like Oppo has been listening as well, because the company just announced the launch of a new smartphone that gives you the option to run pure stock Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Oppo launches smartphone with the option to run stock Android"
Would be nice if there was such option from all companies, especially with flagship devices. :)
27. Arthurhkt (Posts: 72; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Totally agree with you, personally i really feel stock Android suit me quite well, other UI is good, but for me i prefer clean and neat and simple, which Stock Android UI able to provide me ;)
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Every OEM needs to do this, or at least give an option to either run their UI or Vanilla on boot up.
15. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
nova launcher is the easiest option to go stock android. and holo locker as well
20. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Its not about launcher is about whole rom and stock android is best way to get all speed and battery life in your device
21. volcano321 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Way overpriced. Almost the same specs as the Xiaomi red rice (hong mi) which sells for $130 USD. Only diff I see is the 16GB bulitin storage vs 4GB + microsd on the red rice. Both are 720p, mediatek quadcore, 1GB ram.
24. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I'm still waiting on the Find 7.
26. Genersis (Posts: 161; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If it only it had a better processor, then I would be interested in it. :(