Oppo R3 announced as the world's thinnest LTE smartphone
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2014, 10:08 posted on
The new Oppo R3 is thinner than Sony's Xperia T3, and can be purchased for less than $380 (though only in China at the moment)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ancellim (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
1.6 S400 - Should have put in a 1.7 S600. Then can make it good mid range.
3. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 174; Member since: 27 May 2014)
That looks like a iphone 5 from the back.
4. RandomUsername (Posts: 606; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Imagine that. A smartphone that looks like another smartphone. Whoop-de-doo.
5. Duketytz (Posts: 532; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Please OEM we need a bigger battery, I couldn't care if it is a bit thicker at 9mm-10mm
9. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
In this situation the combo of 720p, SD400 and 2420 mAh is very good for long battery life.
6. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
that looks like an iphone 5 and iphone 4s mixed with a note 3
8. fanboysrdumb (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
All of you complaining about how it looks like this and that just remember that your calls are because of Motorola and your SMS because of Nokia so stfu and move on. People need to get laid too much phone specs making you losers lose your manhood really pathetic
19. gehrig (Posts: 209; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Getting laid just makes people want to tweet #AfterSex selfies.
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
LTE increases thickness, didnt know....
12. h27_Venom (Posts: 49; Member since: 16 May 2014)
c'mon oppo still 4.3 what were you thinking
it's 2014 for god's sake.Now even the entry level phones are rocking kitkat out of the box..!!!
13. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This whole slim thing is getting ridiculous. Back in the days of good old nokia symbian phones.. I dont think they were all that difficult to handle. 5mm & 6mm is too thin. I mran, i wanna feel my phone in hand. Too thick is difficult to handle & so is too thin. And very thin phones tend to 'cut' into your palm, making it painful during a long phone call. And ahain, if it is too thin, i wont feel it in my palm & that can lead to an unscheduled contact between the phone & concrete pavement.
I cannot believe that manufacturers continue to have misplaced priorities. Most people will prefer a phone wirh a huge battery even if it is a bit chubby.. On the contrary, manufacturers dont think twice to skimp on battery life in order to slice of the last mm in thickness. I wonder who or what started this ridiculous trend of size zero phones.
Customers prefer functionality over form. Give me a bloatfree phone with good battery life, dual front facing speakets & i won't mind if it means a few extra mm in L*W*H
14. Bondurant (Posts: 180; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
The camera bulges out. So not really 6.3mm.
The Huawei P7 is 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm without any camera bulge.
15. fzacek (Posts: 2317; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This kind of thinness is seriously not a good thing. It makes it hard and uncomfortable to hold. Also makes the phone feel fragile...
20. gigaraga (Posts: 1384; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Camera arrangement somewhat resembles Galaxy Note 3? Especially since it protrudes..but still Chinese phones until they make it a good experiencing phone though