Oppo N1 officially confirmed: coming in September, rumored to feature great camera
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 09:30 posted on
A Chinese company is preparing a cameraphone to compete against the best out there. The phone is the Oppo N1 and it will arrive in September…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Picture 2 says 12.0MP but article says 13.0MP...
15. MartianMe (unregistered)
Oppo is going places baby...
2. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
If it cannot compare in picture quality at least it will compare in price with the Lumia 1020 and maybe even overcome the S4 zoom.
I'll definitely will keep an eye on this especially if it comes with stock android.
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Only thing I hate about oppo is their ui. I hope this comes with the feature that could make it a stock android device.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oppo is probably one of the most underrated OEMs. The Oppo 5 is simply beautiful that gets updates WEEKLY. I want to see this against the Lumia 1020, Honami, and a DSLR camera.
10. ashdch99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Oppo Find 5 surely was one device that did not get credited much, but it was a really good device. I had bought that phone for my father, he loved the design and the display, hope this one also is as good as that or may be better.... it surely should be interesting to see N1 vs Z1 vs 1020.... :)
4. lalalaman (Posts: 536; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
After nokia 1020 and sony z1 honami and mini...ppl won't recognize it other than in China....best of luck oppo...
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yes they will. Price for those three phones will be 1.5x or 2x that of what this N1 would cost.
20. lalalaman (Posts: 536; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
we have z1 mini from sony...13mp would might not work well bt low light shooting in n1 is an attraction...lets see
5. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Should I get a Find 5 now ? It also has 13mp camera
14. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Nope save ur money, by september u will have a lots of good options
6. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
"Best in class"? What class are we talking about? Chinese-OEM? android? All smartphones? While I admire Oppo's technical prowess - the Find series are notably thin without sacrificing anything other than official google certification - I doubt they have the camera chops to compete with Sony, let alone Nokia, as there's more to camera quality - and low light performance of course - than the sensor, as you need optics and software to go along with it.
18. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Technically, it is also impossible to put a large lens on a thin body (as per the above render). I really wouldn't worry about the authors BS, which incidentally we've been hearing since the launch of the HTC one (how many smartphones have failed to match the performance of the 920/925 yet alone the 808/1020??)
8. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Build quality looks... Ehhhh. Still waiting on the Find 7.
9. ashdch99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
So its going to be Oppo N1 vs Sony Xperia Z1... battle of the one's... interesting....
12. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I like the size of the flash on this one.
13. surethom (Posts: 432; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Very nice & hopefully a Xenon flash, this may be even better that what sony has to offer.
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Find 7 for me..
17. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
pic 2 is not a final device w/12mp back cam 13 mp coming soon..
19. najib1312 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I have a feeling that this phone might be THE cameraphone android users have been longing. And PA, pls don't include Galaxy S4 Zoom is a camera heavyweight. None of us have ever regarded that as a phone in the 1st place.