Oppo N1 goes official: rotating camera, touch panel on back, release date in October, flagship price
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2013, 09:20 posted on
The long teased Oppo N1 has just been uncovered and it’s a strange device - a large and thin 5.9-inch Android smartphone with a rotating camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Incredible! Well done Oppo, this might just prove to be the best cameraphone out there.
3. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
This is indeed different. Well done Oppo.
49. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
well, i wouldnt say i should have waited.
this is not my cup of tea. just ordered z1.
7. EMOLOve1511 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
no Nokia the Z1 and L1020 the best cameraphone.Nokia the Will introduce lytro style cameraphone next in october 22nd
14. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Take that Samsung and Apple!
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
not only Samsung and Apple, but Sony, LG, mikiasoft and co!
26. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a remote control. Can take a picture, or per SW I guess any function with it.
48. AnTuTu (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
The best looking device till date. Great job Oppo keep up the great work.
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Great rotating camera concept.no need of front camera.keep it up.
27. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It indeed does look nice but not new idea but new for smartphones. My Samsung v200 had a rotating camera. Always loved that idea, surprised it took this long to happen again.
?q=samsung+v200&hl=en&gl=GB&so urce=android-browser&source=lnms&tbm=isch&s a=X&ei=cVhAUsjfEI2r0gW3xYCYDA& ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=602&bih=96 3&dpr=1.33#biv=i%7C15%3Bd%7C8I LemegDYeem_M%3A
33. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yeah my LG had a rotating one too... Good times! :)
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 13426; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Love the rotating camera, that's sweet. It needs to be built very durable though, cuz people are gonna use it a lot. Nice feature Oppo.
9. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah I hope the hinge will be super tough. Prepare for self portrait ducks with higher resolution pimples than ever before!
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yeah, this one looks really nice. I'm not sure about having just one camera though. There would be no possibility of dual recording. I've never used the dual record feature before, but it seems like it would be cool. Idk, maybe it would be too gimmicky for me anyway. So it's settled, I will be checking this bad boy out when released!
40. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's looking delicious Jed.
This one might change things...but i don't see a hardware camera button.
24. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Probably keeping price down like oppo's goal is to give well build product as well as a reasonable price....camera aspect may have costed more that previous model thus 600 was cheaper....just my guess
28. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Battery size pretty much makes up for it.
10. EMOLOve1511 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Sound like CCTV camera that can rotate the up and down lol
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
MY NEXT PHONE!!!!!
17. anleoflippy (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
This is enough to make me think that It's better than the Z1. The rotable camera is a nice feature, lets just hope it stands the abuse.
18. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Question now is that DIgital zoom or optical......digital is my guess... still... amazing progress
19. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
This is better than Gimmicky PoorView :D
Nokia learn something
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh stop it. you know pureview owns them at night
21. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
31. matrix_neo (Posts: 323; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
It has an elegant design and rotating camera is a plus. You can join now with your friends while taking a shot. I hope they will released it internationally.
32. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I read on another site Cyanogen was teaming with Oppo to deliver his Rom, right out of the factory, not just the ability to root and load, but factory loaded for you. Looks like this is the phone, nice start.
34. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
No.2 Pic shows water on phone. Does that mean this phone is waterproof?
35. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1611; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If it has 3000 mAh battery. this will be my next phone :D Love the rotating camera concept... weird enough I thought about it but just not sure how the camera could be rotated. But they beat me to it XD
36. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Yes! Thanks to this the Find 5 will go down in price :D
38. SonyPS4 (Posts: 265; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Wow Fujitsu imaging processor. FYI lot of high end camera from Leica, Nikon, Sigma and Pentax use this. Impressive. Very nice and good looking smartphone. Specs not on par with G2 or Z1 but should be powerful enough and it got huge battery
39. sniper1087 (Posts: 412; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
213 grams, wtf thats really heavy. Heavier than the nokia lumia 920... I like the phone design, not sure how the s600 will fare, 5.9 inch display might be overkill too big for my taste. This phone is going for china now so it might not see the light internationally.
43. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Very very nice phone. Great specs. Just 2 things, SnDg 800 , as every flagship now have 800, why not this.
2nd - The UI looks ugly tbh, What's up with that ? Ugly icons. Not speaking like a fanboy here, I have heard alot abt OppO , so I would like to know more about the device if someone has one (OLD model of oppo ) here.
45. harigrg33 (Posts: 173; Member since: 20 May 2013)
This is a beauty... like the concept and design... go oppo go...
50. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
Too bad the display is 5.9. 5.5 is my absolute limit
51. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Here we go again: another so called "Lumia 1020 killer" that fails miserably at delivering.
52. Sondae (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
This reminds me of nokia phone back then where you can twist the camera angle any where you want. This is one good design.
54. wky1998 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Finally, a phone who rotates camera for selfie ppl