Oppo N-Lens N1 surfaces: could this be the next best cameraphone?
0. phoneArena 06 Aug 2013, 04:02 posted on
The Oppo N-Lens N1 phone is not something many of us have heard about, but what’s developing in China could well turn out to be the next big thing in cameraphones…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rav405 (unregistered)
The design around the camera reminds of the nokia N82.....
2. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
Probably they call it N-Lens because the design are hijacked from Nokia's old N-series camera designs... Still look better than any Samsungs out there though.
42. SleepingOz (unregistered)
And this will be a better smartphone than any nokia out there..
Oh wait, the 9 month old, Find 5 already blows every nokia(1020 included) out of the water in terms of specs, raw power, functionality, flexibility, versatility, support etc.. list is long
43. Thefraggot (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
yes also samsung's ativ s was underpowered. Samsung 's fault :-)
3. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
This is looking much better than Galaxy S4 zoom :)
35. Mirosti (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Well even a piece of sh*t looks better than S4 zoom....
4. asifisbest (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
It has a 9 element lens? Turns out to be a hint from the camera lens image.
30. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
probably, maybe that's why they call it "N" lens for "Nine" even the fonts on the 4th image its 9 kinds of diff fonts, :) ahehehe..
5. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it would be quite interesting to see how oppo is giving htc, samsung and lg a lesson. But taking on Nokia? Not gonna happen. Nokia has gathered too much experience to wiped out just like that by some newcomers. And they bought pelican whuch means Nokia will probably reign in camera dept for many years to come. If the ecosystem they are bunt to will develop faster that now and hardware limitations will be lifted up, Finns will be again highly competetive.
Anyways, this oppo looks intriguing but there´s no technical info about it. Pa, you should stop with these stupid, shouting headlines.
6. maccess (Posts: 632; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
oh just STFU.. yo just blind and mindless nokia fanboy.. let me ask you what nokia can do without carl zeiss?? nothing.. at least samsung and sony make their own lens.. and honestly i dont think your pureview is that awesome...
13. SIGPRO (Posts: 507; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Everybody knows that Nokia makes the best camera phones, and Pureview not that awsome??? Please tell me which cameraphone is better than the 1020? And please dont say your S4 zoom because you need to come out the cave you are hiding in Samsung fanboy!
15. GamePlayer (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
If someone said anything against Nokia, he must be a samsung fanboy? Ofcoure -.-
16. tech2 (Posts: 2436; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Pureview (except 808) all produce unrealistic and overly saturated colours which are far from reality !
18. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
Everyone asked for it; many reviews say that iPhone's camera is good, but they are a bit oversaturated to me. The N8 and 808 were realistic because the phone was under Damian Dining, who prefers natural colors. But, many of my friends after seeing the photos from those phones, says it is 'not nice enough' bluntly. Actually they meant not vibrant enough. People want saturated colors nowadays. From an experienced person's point of view, we prefer natural looking photos, but an average consumer prefer slightly more saturated colors.
40. maccess (Posts: 632; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
why should i say s4 zoom?? your purefail can't even beat the s4 except video recording... even technobuffalo can prove that... go home and wash your feet kid..
17. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Relax man, or you'll get a heart attack.. geez
19. Karl.Hummer (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
The only person that should STFU is you, little stupid samsung fanboy! Are you jealous because Nokia innovates and Sammy engineers just can't copy Nokia's technology? Nokia is using the best lens, manufactured by Carl Zeiss, not cheap-Chinese-plastic lens used in your beloved Samsung.
39. maccess (Posts: 632; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
you talk to me kid?? chinese plastic lens but still on par or even beat your purefail..
24. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
CZ has been one of their strategic partner for years. Why should they give up their cooperation? Sony and samesaung have their own lenses? And we know how they work. Thanks, but If you can get professional ones crafted by specialist why bother spending resources on it? Your samesung has what? The biggest how-to-steal-know-why in the business let alone the enormous R&D dept of Thievery.
What you think is irrelevant..even if someone put your head in front of photos taken by 808 and S I you would claim samsung has the upper hand.
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3652; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's not about lens dude, lens is not work with camera it just a window of camera, and Nokia Pureview Camera is all about "Sensor" dude not lens.........!!! i'm telling u again it's a pureview sensor that works in nokia camera not lens damn it....!!!
tell sammy to make sensor perfect then come.
33. -box- (Posts: 3876; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's actually more than just the sensor. If you have crummy optics (lenses) the sensor is unless. If you have junk software (algorithms and UI), the lenses and sensor won't matter so much. Nokia has the best of all three as far as camera phones go. While I wish Oppo success, as they keep the big boys on their toes for a few things, I hope it would not come at the expense of "borrowing" others' tech as so many other Chinese companies are known to do.
I doubt they could beat the 808 PureView or Lumia 1020, and could possibly go up against the N8 and Lumia 92#s, but beating the S4, One, and iPhail5 wouldn't be too difficult. If they managed to do so in a package the size of the Find 5, it would be even more impressive.
34. amansingal14 (Posts: 296; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Samsung got its own lens. Calm down bro. get straight on your facts. It is about to end Phase 1 R&D, and the first lens we may see, made by samsung, can be on SGS5.
And yeah, I am talking only about smartphone division, and not camera div, for some TROLL may just start firing.
7. Johnnokia (Posts: 560; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Totally agree with you.
Nokia will lead the cameraphone race for many years, if not forever.
12. aayupanday (Posts: 527; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Sony G lens, Oppo N Lens, Now time for Apple iLens lol!
20. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Cool looking camera but when is the battery race going to start?
28. Sauce (unregistered)
Solar charging back-plates please.
21. surethom (Posts: 321; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Please come to the UK, I so want a Android phone with a Fantastic camera & Xenon flash.
27. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Good job ! It´s Android ! But chinese phones camera are allways interlaced.
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2139; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Judging by the huge lens it has to be at least of the 1020 PureView sensor size, or even the 808,
32. adit38 (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
wow...., niw suddenly every android phone focus in camera tech. nokia clearly make everyone follow their path
36. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Story says 13MP camera... picture #2 says 12MP camera. One of these things is not like the other.
37. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Just bring the Oppo Find7 to the states already...
38. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It runs Android... It sucks.. This will never be better than the 1020.. Once again a Windowsphone device will be Smartphone of the year, according to Endgadget, beating the iPhone 5x, and the GS4... That's going to be a Windowsphone Device two years in a row.. But some of you idiots still think WP is worthless.. Ok.
41. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
WP is worthless and not only some idiots have this opinion. Even Nokia has some doubts. With only 7% share of world market, most likely 70%++ of the world market share think that WP is worthless.