Oppo Find 7 is officially unveiled; 2K display allows for 538ppi pixel density
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 03:18 posted on
The bar has been raised. As expected, Oppo has introduced the Oppo Find 7 with a staggering 538ppi pixel density. That is the result of offering resolution of 1440 x 2560 on a 5.5 inch display. Powering the device is a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU along with the Adreno 330 GPU. 3GB of RAM is on board with 32GB of native storage. A 128GB capacity microSD slot is included for those needing more storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
52. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 40; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
+1 you are sooo right. THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE EXPECTED the s5 to be.
38. najib1312 (Posts: 115; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Not really impressed with the design. Was expecting some elegant n slim desgin from the Oppo team, just like the Find 5 n N1. But this one is too plain.........the front resembles Xperia Arc + SP combo while the matte finish back resembles a typical chinese smartphone. DISAPPOINTED :(
42. SonyPS4 (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Never underestimate chinese manufacturer. Think about Samsung, LG 10-15 years ago.
74. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
That's because samsung and LG are Korean, not Chinese!!! Jeez
51. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oppo's phones usually work perfectly on AT&T or T-Mobile so I doubt this is the case...
46. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
What? no Kitkat out of the box ..? The hardware specs are indeed a step up though.
53. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It has powerfull cpu but no kitkat? Seriously? Or it because of the color os?
54. farzad_funny (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Are you guys kidding me??? Is there any way to satisfy you guys???
First you complain why there isn't a 2K on board with phones like S5 and Z2!
Then you complain about extra camera features and more than 2 GB RAM for phones
And now that you get them you practically bash it!!!!
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
Basically even if the perfect phone came you'll still find a way to bash and ruin it.
Thank god Samsung didn't make the 2K otherwise you all would be killing it for that.
But apparently you would have killed it anyway since now you're complaining about 1080
Considering many of you said umm no thanks 1080 is just fine with me...wow you guys are unbelievable!!!
59. magnanimus (Posts: 447; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Remember when 5.5 was considered phablet-sized?
Pepperidge Farm Remembers.
61. R-vjn (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Well, 0-75% in just 30 mins? Wow, thats impressive.. and so is the Q-HD display, but apart from that I don't think this phone is impressive as a whole. (my point of view). The bottom notification stip is bloody cool though.
The 3000mAh for a QHD display is kinda, well, not sure. But battery life also depends on the softare, so lets stay tuned.. And we cannot say anything about the camera as of now.
62. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Bring it Oppo!
Time to shake up the behemoth OEM that have gotten like one another.
64. cse.vicky (unregistered)
Overkill and Ugly UI !
65. chebner (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hey Alan, you are using the wrong terminology with regard to screen resolution in your headline. The 538ppi on the Find 7 comes from the Quad HD 1440x2560 screen. The 7a is the one with a 2K screen with 1920x1080 resolution.
78. Totse2k15 (Posts: 387; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
My type of beastly specs smartphone. I don't like the UI/looks though. OK design. Would be better with Android 4.4.
79. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
2K Resolution...0-75% battery charging in 30 mins..able to take a compressed 50Mega pixel Camera...excellent build quality...I just can't believe Phone Arena is not coving this phone more! This is my next phone!
80. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Not sure how I feel about the design, doesn't look as sharp or unique as the Find 5 or the N1. I really hope Oppo decides to make a 5 inch flagship sometime soon, excess of 5.2 inches is too much for me.