Oppo Find 7 is officially unveiled; 2K display allows for 538ppi pixel density
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 03:18 posted on
The bar has been raised. As expected, Oppo has introduced the Oppo Find 7 with a staggering 538ppi pixel density. That is the result of offering resolution of 1440 x 2560 on a 5.5 inch display. Powering the device is a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU along with the Adreno 330 GPU. 3GB of RAM is on board with 32GB of native storage. A 128GB capacity microSD slot is included for those needing more storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Don't know if that 3000 mAh cell will be enough to power that ridiculously high ppi screen...
4. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
"the rear snapper includes the Pure Image 2.0 featureset that comes with a 50MP Super Zoom software enhancement suite."
Why does this sound gimmicky?
Edit: According to GSMArena, it captures 10 photos and combines them to form a single 50 MP photo, kinda like panaroma.
8. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Because very few people need 50MP photos
69. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
it actually used 4 out those 10 pictures. rest of things u said are correct.
75. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
If it was like a panorama, its simply a gimmick. Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 3 can do 60MP without a gimmicky name, and 50MP is also lower than the 60MP that Samsung can do. So nothing new about that feature from Oppo unless it wasn't panorama, but actually a super sized still image.
13. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Although the Find 7 is impressive the G3 will show us "how to power a QHD device" with their awesome battery tech
66. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4813; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I totally agree, but to me the real monster will be the LG G Pro 3...
44. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
And don't know how it run smoothly in the pixelated device with only snap 801
67. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
What do u mean by Only snap 801?? Ur kiddin right?
70. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
he probably doesnt have a device with s800 so he doesnt understand how powerful enough this processor is
68. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Considering the Snapdragon 800 is in the latest Samsung tablets with 2560x1600 displays, a higher resolution than what's on the Find 7, the Snapdragon 801 should he just fine pushing a lower resolution.
71. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Design is quite nice, I dont know why everyone can design their devices better then lg n samsung
77. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
They didn't say whats the ZOOM is on this phone
2. maherk (Posts: 3488; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
if this is compatible with t-mobile's lte, then I guess I won't be keeping my note 3 as long as I have planed. It is dead gorgeous, with top of the notch specs, I am just crossing my fingers that it won't have on screen buttons.
29. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
+1 I'm not an extremist myself but this phone will kill off most offerings. This phone stands out in every possible way.
56. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Unlock and flash with CM11. OPPO and CM are hardware partner.
55. saffant (Posts: 272; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
No S-Pen, no dice.
No unique software features that can impress me, then, again, no dice.
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks like a Nexus 5. What I'm really impressed with is the 0-75% charge rate in just a half hour. How the hell did they manage that?
60. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I think its a feature that comes with the Snap 801.
3. Gaurav008 (Posts: 328; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Interested in knowing how the camera works and the results.
5. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
0 to 75% charge in 30 mins...Impressive.The phone looks good.
6. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yup that's my worry too. With that pixel density I doubt that battery could last long. Even the 7a with that 2800 mah doubt will last long too. Let's wait for reviews.
7. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
What I'm impress is the pricing and native storage if 32gb plus 128gb expandable memory. Sweet!!!!
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I think they meant that the microSD card slot supports up to 128GB
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Useless pixels. I'm disappointed by oppo considering how impressive were Find 5 and Oppo N1 CM Edition.
37. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yup useless pixel it'll just eat up your battery. It's impressive in terms of specs but is it optimize already? And also why 4.3? I thought google said every new device would come in the latest OS VERSION of android?
12. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Anyone know the story behind the 'Find' name? Not really the coolest word to associate with a smartphone imo.
15. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Back of the phone looks so bland :( But aside from that...it didnt wow me either :\ Although its topped the charts in terms of specs I guess
23. afegit (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I have to agree with you on this one. Samsung's dimpled back looks a lot more classy and is also more functional (mroe grip) than this thing. and QHD lol, the only phone worthy of QHD is the Note 4, whose Exynos Infinity™ OCTA™ is the only processor which is capable of running this resolution while haveing Octa window multitasking.
Man, if only Oppo can be a chinese company for once and copy the sexy style of Samsung S5
24. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
You probably would like My Little Pony dude. Your attitude about the appearance of this phone reminds my of Rainbow Dash's attitude when Fluttershy, got a new haircut in Season 3 Episode 5. On topic though the QHD's battery wont last that long will it
32. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Bronies =D they took SXSW by surprise this year defying manhoodin every possible way
35. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
People like you choose to live oppressed and as the media ideal of what a male should be not knowing and the ancient notion of manliness is no longer relevant.
Go watch porn or something on your Iphone 5S or something that's what the media want you to do.
If I get banned let it be known that it would a textbook example of brony oppresion
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lolol best reply I've seen thus far this week. +1
16. JMartin22 (Posts: 1938; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It looks good on paper, but many of these Chinese venders
have a terrible reputation for user experience and quality. My questions overtime will be:
- Is that high density screen efficient?
- Is the screen itself calibrated with good color reproduction and brightness?
- Is the software it's running properly optimized for smooth performance?
- How are the optimized tweaks for standby and onscreen battery life?
- The image processing software for the camera module for how well the photos look and their quality?
Specs for the sake of specs is no good if there's no quality fine tuning and optimization to fully and efficiently take advantage of them.
76. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
How can you not trust Oppo?! Check out their Find 5 or N1 if you don't.
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 916; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
7a is better than 7... And why not 4.4 KK Oppo???
58. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
There always have unofficial nightly of CM11. lol
18. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
I'm more excited about this phone than Season 5 of Friendship Is Magic.
19. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I want the S5, but after see this, want Find 7 more,but i'll take the 7a
20. technomichael (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I was reading and was basically drooling then I saw android 4.3, really? They couldn't put 4.4 on this device when it's been out for how long?
21. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
No KitKat and too big. Epic device other than that though, just not for me. I can imagine many people loving this device so good job Oppo, especially with the sleek notification light.
22. sip1995 (Posts: 1564; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
" This allows for ten photos to be consolidated into one 50MP image" Hahahaha......this will never beat the Nokia lumia 1020.
26. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I want one. But whats the catch, there's always a catch.
27. JMartin22 (Posts: 1938; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Megapixels =/= quality and clarity of a photo under environmental circumstances.
28. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is the Phone. Incredible. Everything. Wow!
33. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
The Find 7 straight out takes the crown for the the most highly spec'd phone on paper. I have a feeling this was supposed to be the Galaxy S5 :P
40. JMartin22 (Posts: 1938; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Probably won't perform on many of the parameters the S5 will; despite the "prettier" spec sheet.
31. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
If this phone was branded as Samsung, Apple, HTC,
the initial comments be like...
WATDAFAAAAA------ PERFECT BEST PHONE TAKE MY MONEEEEYYYYYY!!!!
34. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
+1 dude this is real talk right here, this phone is everything the Galaxy S5 was supposed to be...with exception to the UI
36. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
You're right if it's fruit logo all the zombies will WOW!!! That's a phone should be but since it's oppo it's just like .
What are they thinkin about the pixel and battery? But then again you wonder where apple is made? China.
41. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
@androidphone20 / techperson211
Yeah =), the power of the brandname. But sure, we must give credit to those big companies for they had built up their brands to their current strature.
Oppo deserves a second look, they're hungry for it. This kind of competition brings better products from all sides. A win-win for all of us :)