Oppo Find 5 might become the first smartphone with a 1080p screen
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Sep 2012, 06:56
The Chinese company Oppo might not be a household name, but it made it into the headlines recently by unveiling the Oppo Finder, the thinnest smartphone available…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jove39 posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:02 13 1
Wow...chinese are for sure upto something...this phone looks awesome (iPhone inspired)...think there'll be lot of options 4core phones to buy...by end of this year...bring it oppo :)
3. redmd posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:03 11 0
Nice. Now if only it could pass through that great wall and land overseas.
5. u-suck-more posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:08 1 0
cool. i wonder if this is e same screen that LG showcased the other time?
6. Reverence posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:14 5 7
HD display is OK..........wat da hell will i do with 1080p display on a phone
22. SleepingOz posted on 10 Sep 2012, 10:21 2 0
720p over 300ppi is enough, I think.. but real Innovation is always welcome!
26. jaytai0106 posted on 10 Sep 2012, 11:24 2 0
Watch HD movies of course haha. Just kidding. I'm siding with you. After a point, it's a little pointless. We have nice HDTV or nice monitor for a reason, so we can watch movies, play games on those 40+ inches 1080p TVs. However, I don't mind to look at a beautiful phone screen like that though :P
7. cepcamba posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:17 18 0
i want 300ppi on a 80" TV.
Oppo, deliver it to me
32. skaar18 posted on 10 Sep 2012, 14:13 1 1
Yeah a 300 ppi 80" tv would be perfect for watch all those movies that are record in a 24000p format?
I do not see why you would need a 24000p television...
10. gu3sswhoo posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:28 4 0
Oppo creates high end Blu-Ray players, so if this has the same build quality & tech as that......This will be a beast of a phone.
12. darac posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:34 1 0
I think this will start selling in 4 months at best.
HTC could beat it to the market, but nevertheless..hats off to Chinese
13. loken posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:50 5 6
who can find the diffrence between 720p and 1080p ugh..
23. joaolx posted on 10 Sep 2012, 10:33 0 0
I agree. There is a point where you won't notice much difference unless you want to have the phone right in your face. Besides, processing those pixels will only waste battery. I like innovation but somethings are dispensable.
27. jaytai0106 posted on 10 Sep 2012, 11:30 0 0
Totally agree!! I think any screen is less than 5" doesn't really need 1080p. 720p is enough. Let's solve the battery crisis people!!
14. whysoserious posted on 10 Sep 2012, 07:57 13 1
This! Blows away the competition, Oppo-gangnam style.
16. speckledapple posted on 10 Sep 2012, 08:33 2 0
What is disappointing is that from a spec position it probably will be the first but in the long run a memory as the company who made it has not enough prescence to champion on specs alone.
17. whysoserious posted on 10 Sep 2012, 08:58 4 0
I totally agree. With these specs, I would be very much willing to trade my Galaxy s3 plus all my legendary Pokemon trading cards for this one.
18. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2012, 09:15 0 0
Wireless charging? Doesn't look like there's a charging port on any of the surfaces in image 3.
20. u-suck-more posted on 10 Sep 2012, 09:27 0 0
this article written by Victor H. for sure *checks* oh yes it!
almost all anti apple gets moderated -.- biggest give away~ if they comments are meant encourage discussion, why do anti apple comments get moderated? hmm
29. downphoenix posted on 10 Sep 2012, 13:10 0 0
Im liking this Oppo company, please come stateside!
30. jibraihimi posted on 10 Sep 2012, 13:18 0 0
Oppo launch this beast worldwide before the launch of Note 2, Optimus G and Full HD phablet from HTC, and you can sure have the marketshare more than that of RIM by the end of this year............. :)
35. tiara6918 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:42 1 1
Oppo made the world thinnest smartphone and now they'll be the first to introduce a smartphone with a 1080 screen. Time for oppo to make a global launch. These handsets would definitely sell well, it will truly be a waste if they sell them only in china or taiwan...