Opera's ad network says iOS topped Android in mobile ad revenue for Q1
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 16:47 posted on
According to the quarterly report from Opera Mediaworks, the software firm's mobile ad network, iOS received the majority of mobile ad revenue in the first quarter, beating out Android; Opera's data comes from the greater than 50 billion ad impressions that the network pushes out each and every quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 8885; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Droiders to attack article in 3...... 2...... 1......
3. amiaq (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I don't think people care anymore, we have more funner things to comment of from our own Android camp. Good luck!!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
darkkjedii, don't need to initiate flame wars!
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 8885; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's what you do all the time. And I'm not initiating anything...I just know what to expect when an article isn't anti apple.
2. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1123; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
so even dead os like Symbian beat RIM
5. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well I personally think this is due to Android having more browser options and having more competition... Dont get me wrong I use Opera Mobile as my primary browser on Android, but I also have Chrome, since there has been better support lately... and I changed to Chrome on my laptop...
Opera Mobile is the best for my needs and it has an option to permanently use in Desktop mode which I love, unlike Chrome's request desktop mode for each page...
It really surprises me such high use of a different browser than Safari in iPhones, since you can't even assign it to be the default one... and you have to copy/paste every link...
7. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I block adds and even if that did not work I would not even click an add. Mindless zombies using iDevices click away aimlessly. But, who really cares about revenue? I do not.