Opera's ad network says iOS topped Android in mobile ad revenue for Q1
Interestingly, U.S. ad impressions dropped from 60% last quarter to 50.7% while in Europe, the market share rose from 14.51% of ad impressions in the prior quarter to 21.53% for the three months ended in March.
source: Opera via TUAW
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 14150; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Droiders to attack article in 3...... 2...... 1......
3. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I don't think people care anymore, we have more funner things to comment of from our own Android camp. Good luck!!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
darkkjedii, don't need to initiate flame wars!
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 14150; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's what you do all the time. And I'm not initiating anything...I just know what to expect when an article isn't anti apple.
2. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
so even dead os like Symbian beat RIM
5. buccob (Posts: 1823; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well I personally think this is due to Android having more browser options and having more competition... Dont get me wrong I use Opera Mobile as my primary browser on Android, but I also have Chrome, since there has been better support lately... and I changed to Chrome on my laptop...
Opera Mobile is the best for my needs and it has an option to permanently use in Desktop mode which I love, unlike Chrome's request desktop mode for each page...
It really surprises me such high use of a different browser than Safari in iPhones, since you can't even assign it to be the default one... and you have to copy/paste every link...
7. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I block adds and even if that did not work I would not even click an add. Mindless zombies using iDevices click away aimlessly. But, who really cares about revenue? I do not.