Opera Ice Browser for iOS and Android coming in February
0. phoneArena 18 Jan 2013, 14:03 posted on
Using the same WebKit engine used by mobile Safari and Chrome, Opera will launch next month its new "Ice" Mobile Browser which replaces buttons with all-touch gestures and tabs are replaced with icons; new pages are accessed by typing in the URL and bookmarks are created by tapping the screen and then placing an icon for that website on the opening screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like buttons instead of gestures.
Doing multiple-finger actions gets really annoying after a while and they have more of a tendency to be accidently activated.
2. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The way tabs are done in Opera is its strongest point imo.
I hope they don't mess it up
6. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I agree though the only thing that kept me from switching to Chrome on ICS was that there is no permanent Desktop Page View like opera has in settings...
Opera is just awesome and it is the best to use with a bluetooth keyboard, almost without the need for touch screen input
I was an Opera user on my notebook, but a while back switched to chrome... and like it... There are better things but I miss other stuff...
Anyway I will try Opera Ice...
3. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I find it interesting that they're using Webkit instead of Presto. I was an Opera user, both for desktop and mobile, but I switched to Firefox awhile ago since it seems Opera didn't work like it used to. Still, I would definitely recommend Opera Mobile and Mini as 3rd party web browser alternatives. Both are WAY better than Chrome for Android.
5. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I Thought its an opera Ice os.Hahha, Great Browser. im so Excited.
7. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
you should come to BB10 too! oh wait the stock browser of BB10 is the fastest to date.. :)
8. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that wasn't a very good joke -_-
otherwise cool never knew that
9. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Not so fast, haha,
Dolphin browser is, I believe:
Try it out with the Jetpack on.. if you have Android, that is
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh wait.. here you go, buddy:
My Dolphin' with Jetpack score.
Beats any browser out there.. including that of the BB10(472 points )!!
And that my friend, is the beauty of Android
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The puffin browser is the king in loading rendering pages....