So far so good? Great! Next, you scroll on the screen until you see Japanese. Clicking on that will leave you with a pair of choices. Select Romaji. Now click on the globe icon on the keyboard. Following that, you click the "123" button followed by the button with the “^_^” face.
Congratulations, you have just unlocked a new set of emoticons for your use. Use them wisely!
Unlock the emoticons hidden on your iPhone or iPad
1. Open the Settings application on your iOS device...
2. ...tap on Keyboards and then Add new Keyboard...
3. ...from there click on Japanese and Romaji...
4. ...and follow that by clicking on the globe icon on the keyboard
5. Tap on the 123 tab on the key board and the “^_^” face and your new emoticons should appear