Open source LauncherAdvanced pops up, aims for speed and simplicity
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:30
While not with an inspirational title LauncherAdvanced aims to win Android users' hearts and minds with simplicity and an open source nature. It has been released as an XDA-Devs thread beta, for everyone who wants to download and install the latest version...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:33 0 0
Hopefully it will develop to be better than Apex so I can switch over.
3. andro. posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:38 2 0
Apex is pretty sweet,I've noticed nova gives a better resolution quality and smoother animations though
6. sid07desai posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:09 0 0
Nova, Apex, ADW, GO all are good as long as you know how to play around with these. Depends on personal preference. I like TSF so far.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:08 0 0
Apex is actually pretty amazing, it has decent trade-offs versus Nova now.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:23 0 0
i used to say the same thing until i tried Apex again recently. the Apex guys are working as hard as the guys at Teslacoil.
2. andro. posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:36 10 0
The beauty of android,multiple choices in launchers. If you get bored of a stock launcher you can simply change it to anything you dream off.
5. AliNSiddiqui posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:41 0 0
Doesn't support holo theme, pretty laggy animations when switching screens and zooming out so you can see all the screens, crashes and freezes often. Its still in beta, so these should be ironed out soon though.
7. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:07 0 0
i'd love to start using Launchers again but there's a few reasons why i won't do it yet on my MAXX HD and one of the biggies is that Moto made it so that their amazing Clock Widget only works on Launchers with their Framework. crafty little devils... >>
11. ReddD posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:04 0 0
You can download their clock. just search for 'one more clock widget free'
12. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:36 0 1
i know that but those are trash compared to the real thing.
13. darac posted on 22 Dec 2012, 17:06 0 0
I'm almost completely happy with touch wiz..since the JB update it has very high frame rate, runs silky smooth and hits the best balance in looks and features, compared to third party launchers imo..only thing missing is the theme support in the settings menu. (I mean WTF ,Samsung )