Open casting for "I'm an iPhone & Android" commercials
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2011, 15:27 posted on
A reader had a great idea that Apple should bring back the "I'm a Mac" ads for the mobile age, and we want to know who you think should play the iPhone and who should play the Android in these made-up ads...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tigerphage (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I suck, I'm small and inadequate compared to my larger android friend
30. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
The commercial should start with everyone buying last year's iPhone 4 happy and then Apple tricking them into buying the same phone by putting an S after the title. LMBO!
48. bizwhizzy (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Anyone who came here to have some fun with the idea, the fun comments are on the next couple of pages. Page 1 has become the place for the few people who hate fun.
2. T@co5O (unregistered)
This is worth a thread on a "news" site? lol
Do 15 year olds run this page?
9. Shangri-La (Posts: 71; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
I think this site is missing an "i" in its domain name.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
guys, lighten up, its ok to have fun and joke around every once and a while.. if u dont want to participate, u dont have to... oi!!! lol
18. NeXoS (Posts: 288; Member since: 03 May 2011)
So true! Yea, it's run by a bunch of 15yr old apple fan boys.
20. bizwhizzy (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
And of course you idiots calling the site biased towards Apple won't be found anywhere next week when all the news is about the Nexus Prime and Android.
22. NeXoS (Posts: 288; Member since: 03 May 2011)
You idiot, this site just said they want to create a commercial for the iPhone.
What part of:
"Help us cast "I'm an iPhone" commercials"
don't you get? Do you need it explained to you like you're a 4yr old?
Which, by default, means that THIS SITE just admitted that they are Apple's (VIRAL) marketing dept.
24. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Wow, really just wanted to have some harmless fun. I guess I forgot that on the internet there will always be those who take everything too seriously...
26. NeXoS (Posts: 288; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Except that you guys never have "harmless fun" promoting Android at Apple's expense.
Seriously, I stopped reading Engadget because of their Apple bias. Hmm, GSMArena.com is looking like a better place for real news and not Apple marketing disguised as "news"
33. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We may not have had harmless fun promoting Android, but that's because as far as I know, we've never done an article like this.
But fine, I'll edit the post to be harmless fun all around if that's what it takes.
36. bizwhizzy (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Yay! Dumb s**ts who can't take a joke bitch until they get their way! Thanks for not knowing how to have fun everybody!
51. biophone (Posts: 1962; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
There was nothing wrong with the orginal post mike. If your planing on making an apple commercial it better make fun of the competition right. I think the better thing to do was a seperate article about android commercials for ics?
59. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Nexos.. chill dude,
michael is about the least biased writer ive ever seen on this site. This thread came out of a joke that one of OUR BOARD MEMBERS made on another thread. Michael was just running with it, because it was a fun time killer.
I'm not an ibot for defending him am I? lol
39. snowgator (Posts: 3597; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay - that's it. Time to take a sarcastic verbal 2X4 to all these humorless anti-fun dipsticks who cannot laugh at the world around them. We can stop these people if we all band together, singing the theme from "The Naked Gun" and tell mobil industry knock-knock jokes. Do ya hear me ya sticks in da mud?? IT IS ON!!
45. bobnnate (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
well at least the nexus prime is news worthy lol
3. Apple Conspiracy (unregistered)
Apple is now like Microsoft in their original "I'm Mac commercial" - stingy, restrictive, outdated. Google's Android is the cool new free wave of advanced mobile IT, not Apple. Apple is now in business and showbusiness sector, iPhone is used by totaly iliterate people that just want to look rich and feel special - the true formula of consumerism.
If they make this commercial, it will look incredibly sarcastic.
56. dinodxynez (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
Dude, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, if you want nerdy and bumbling, you could go with Jesse Eisenberg or Michael Cera. As for the iPhone, maybe Ellen Page or Emma Stone.
However, I have a bad taste in my mouth from making casting suggestions for ads that would attempt to shallowly put Android down.
So if we did an Android ad instead (a reversal of "I'm a Mac" commercials) I would suggest Zachary Quinto for Android and Kirsten Dunst as the iPhone.
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I definitely like the idea of Ellen Page. Why did Zachary Quinto come to mind for Android? Seems like an interesting choice.
8. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
because, he was Syler from Heroes and Spock from the Star Trek reboot. He is kick butt.
I think Emma Stone would be a better choice than Ellen Page personally.
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, I guess I just wasn't really thinking about someone who kicks butt for either role.
I think you're right about Emma Stone tho, she's funnier than Ellen Page. That's why I was also thinking Kristen Bell too
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, sylar in good guy mode would be a great android guy. the power to have all powers :)
28. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Goes along well with the whole "Droid Does" campaign :)
32. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I dig the Ellen Page analogy. She's cute, compact and no-nonsense, but not very powerful. She's also the "it girl"... from 2008.
Dimitri Martin actually makes sense, come to think of it. Bumbling, perhaps, but he's also witty and self-aware.
How is this a pro-iPhone article?
35. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Apparently, because I didn't explicitly say that it was okay to make fun of Apple too.
43. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
michael, great idea.
these sniveling fandroids dont realize what a huge story that was yesterday for all tech blogs. apple gets a ton of attention b/c they have the top selling devices. android's attention is spread thin over many, many launches and many companies. HTC will get a moment tomorrow, but one of many on the year........... (and i'm much more excited for the nexus event now than i was for the iphone one, well... maybe)