Oops! Too much photoshopping results in Windows Phone version of Verizon Motorola DROID RAZR M
0. phoneArena 02 Feb 2013, 10:37 posted on
What happens when you put someone without knowledge of mobile handsets into the editing bay to finish work on a 30 second commercial? You get something that showed up in a new Verizon ad designed to promote the Nokia Lumia 822, which is free with a signed two-year contract at Verizon; the phone in the ad is actually the Motorola DROID RAZR M which was made to look like a Windows Phone 8 model running Runtastic Pro...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Trolling trolling everywhere :(
2. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
isnt the girl just looking at a screen shot of the route he just biked? just a thought
4. e.wvu (unregistered)
It was more of a picture message that he sent from his Windows Phone.
5. dakalter (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
if it was a picture he sent from the phone the motorola would still have the android soft key buttons on the bottom.
6. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Now how about a Lumia 820 running Jelly Bean?
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hmmmm.... suggesting windows phone come to android here? or maybe a new motorola windows phone?
i say bring on the nokia powered by android phone! lool
im playn guys i know its still early for this :)
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Verizon is the worst out of all of the carriers at photoshop. xD
10. yousef8824 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
how to make this phone
1- go buy motorola razr i
2-get an otg cable
3-copy windows 8 installation files to usb (make an image of the dvd then burn it to usb)
4-boot phone from usb
5-install windows 8 like you do on a pc
6- print the verizon logo on it
11. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
They also had an add for the Nokia Lumia (808?) on Verizon with the Froyo status bar look. And another one where they had the Lumia with an HTC status bar, and when they scrolled back up, it was switched to ICS blue theme -_-
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol considering Google owned Motorola Mobile, I think it's a safe bet that Motorola will never make a Windows phone.
13. snowgator (Posts: 3550; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Dang. And I was ready to pre-order. Thanks for ruining it for me, Rory.
*Temper tantrum ensues, throws self on floor*
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
LOL sorry to destroy anyone dreams of a RAZR MAXX HD WM8 phone(which would be pretty awesome if you ask me) =P
15. rbbnice07 (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
you can download the windows os theme for androids. and also certain apps are programmed to have the windows os theme too. so this entire article is idiotic. nice try.
17. ckoch125 (Posts: 192; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This happens all the time, you would think by now verizon would have people who know what they are doing. When I first saw this commercial i was like are they advertising for WP and android in the same commercial?
18. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This ad (or its concept) is a rehash if an older Nokia one. It used actors who appeared of Asian descent with each NFC tag indicating the next waypoint, and tracking the progress, making the heart shape. I'll try to find a video of it.
The photoshopping fail is funny. Verizon seems to get a bunch of those. Maybe because of their insistence to slap Verizon logos EVERYWHERE on their phones?